or Connect

Posts by Jack99

Exactly. Irrelevant. AI has lost its touch over the years. 
Hmmm. I suppose AI has this article posted up because Apple is about to announce their new vacuum? No? So it's irrelevant? That's no surprise.
    I don't think this has been stressed enough. Everyone here seems to be sticking to this fantasy that Apple can never fail in any venture it focuses on, even if it's an unrealistic one. Fabbing expertise isn't gained overnight. The fact that they've signed a contract that goes into 2015 and beyond signals it's probably not likely Apple is going into in-house fabbing anytime soon. And by anytime soon, I mean not for another 5 years, perhaps even more.    A lot can...
    Product disruptions come and go. We've come a long way in the past 10 years. Technological advances are exponential, not linear. 
  Yes, because I'm sure all of Korea's news organizations constitute one giant monolith with no variation in opinions, facts, or conclusions. Just like every single news organization in America is similarly homogeneous.      Wonder what they're teaching kids in school these days. 
    There were many, many armchair bloggers and Apple fanboys predicting Android's doom and gloom well before its takeoff. There were articles titled "Why Android Will Never Become Competitive" all over the web.   And yet, I can easily dig up a news commentary article spelling Apple's demise right now.     Not to say I take people making either prediction all too seriously. Most clickbait bloggers don't even have advanced degrees in math or finance. 
  You mean bias toward Korean products? So you're telling me that that consumers within any given country will lean toward a brand they're more familiar with? You don't say!   [In case the sarcasm wasn't obvious, American consumers are no different. That's where marketing really plays a role in establishing brand presence]   Not to say this isn't a notable achievement on Apple's part. I'm not really surprised Apple ranks highly in Korea. In my last travels there, I saw...
I think that's very good for Korean consumers.     Apple will do for Korean consumers what Sony and other TV companies did for Korean customers. When Sony first entered Korea, they gave customers extended warranties and placed a bit of downward price pressure. This caused Samsung and LG to follow suit by increasing their warranties and offering their own price cuts.     Let's face it. Samsung doesn't have the best track record for after sales support. That...
    Yes and no.   There's a context behind that phrase you quoted. If your predisposition toward a particular approach or leaning is causing you to reach unsupported conclusions based on insufficient facts, then yes, there's an issue. It is completely possible to have bias and to still have a well-researched argument. But on the flipside, it's also possible to be biased to the point of leaning stubbornly toward one point of view  without objectively taking a moment to...
    I'm sorry, was there anything factually wrong in what I said? Wouldn't you agree I've been correct in my posts in this thread thus far? I didn't mean to come off as a troll, although going back, I can see why anyone would interpret my first post as a trolly statement. I was just making a point that the author probably shouldn't get the full brunt of the blame for how the article was fashioned. He's just writing to a specific audience. That's not even a journalistic...