or Connect

Posts by Jack99

Gotta love the bitterness and the denial that's oozing out around here.     Like it or not, people are buying these phones. You guys can keep on bleating the same tired, old "Shipped vs sold" talking point. It still doesn't stop the rally we've seen Samsung making even during the recession. You guys will probably still be rehashing that line during q2, q3, and q4 of 2012 and on as Samsung's fortunes continue to rise.      Let's try to have some logic in...
      Supply contracts typically come with compensatory clauses that parties can invoke when there's a breach.     There's no expectation placed upon Samsung to place their heart into something. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're getting at, let alone whether you even know what you're talking about.
    Because Steve Jobs said so? 
      Tough to pinpoint where to start with respect to everything that's wrong with this comment. Let me guess. Didn't go to college?      It's people like you who give reasonable, bona fide Apple fans a bad name. 
This is the credited response and warrants ending any further discussion of blame on Samsung.I love how when things go wrong it doesn't occur to a fanboy that any such fault lies with Apple and not Samsung. Most people here coming up with retarded conspiracy theories have probably never handled a supply contract in their entire lives.
Indeed. Love how everyone thinks Samsung is one, huge monolith. Samsung's components division needs to make money, and Samsung and Apple are currently in a supplier relationship where Samsung relies upon years of reputation for reliability. When there are billions of dollars of component sales at stake, Samsung won't one day decide to renege on its agreements.As difficult as it may be for some people here to believe, this isn't some sandbox fight.
I know it's easier to view reality from a pair of rose-colored sunglasses, but in actuality, I just said it as it is. To be quite honest, I don't have a horse in this race beyond a desire to see things going back to normal minus frivolous lawsuits. Apple's not "keeping Samsung on their toes" as this isn't exactly a one-sided chess game. That's absolutely nothing to be gained from suing Samsung, losing, and subsequently helping Samsung create precedent that favors them and...
Except that I never said my anecdotes were actual, scientific data from which we could draw definitive conclusions, and my anecdotes were never "proof" to PCW's findings, which isn't even a real "report" really when you think about it. But that aside, try reading the author's methodology. They asked each company for phones without really considering whether those phones would be truly representative of latency and download/upload speeds. Not really the most well thought...
That's pretty much how it works in litigation with most cases that have the potential of being taken to court. It's not often you'll run into a judge who doesn't have a full docket already. But as many impassioned Apple fans would have it, Jobs was right in saying that Apple should spend its entire cash balance on litigating meritless suits.Have you actually been following the progress of the suits between the two? I commend you for actually having a smidgen of an idea of...
Right, because I'm sure they'd be shivering in their shoes by his intimidating aura. And I'm sure you know how settlement meetings go. Sorry, this isn't some kindergarten sandbox faceoff. Leave the negotiations to the adults, yeah? In other words, you think Apple should continue playing the same, tired game of suing Samsung and getting their suits overturned? I take it you've never held a real job or paid your own rent? How's that working out for ya?Typical fanboy armchair...