or Connect

Posts by Jack99

You clearly aren't reading the comments, and your emotional irrationalism is getting the better of you. No, I don't have a horse in the race you obsess over. Even if we were to presume I'm some kind of shill, what do I have to gain by winning over supporters unless I'm starting a Samsung cult? Look at the rulings by courts all around the world. Even the judges in Spain that initially granted Apple an injunction that was eventually lifted after Samsung made revisions to...
The non-legal community needs people like you guys to hash out the issues and explain them in a way that's understandable. I plan to take a couple of IP classes in my last year of law school, and I find your explanations to be pretty legitimate based on what I've read on my own and what I've learned just through conversations with my IP buddies. And yes, the lawsuits this time around are (again) not centered on "slavish" copies (can we please have the mods on AI limit or...
Ditto. Ever since the lawsuit wars began, people on Apple Insider have oversimplified this as a matter of one company ripping off the other. If you try to explain to them that look and feel are tough to successfully litigate or demonstrate the actual basis of the lawsuits, you're dismissed as a fanboy. These lawsuits don't come cheap. All they do is create extra costs for firms involved and lead to backlash long-term. The more I read about Apple getting shot down in...
Funny, because quite a number of tech blogs had comments that ran along some fanboy variation of what I just described. It's accepted that fanboys in general tend to hate on whatever category their brand doesn't specialize in.But now that you bring it up, I'll bite. Whether the netbook user experience is or even was "poor" in the first is subjective. Yes, things would slow down to a crawl if you tried loading up a hundred different applications at once. And yes, some...
Couldn't have said it better. When netbooks were out, you had fanboys claiming there was no need for them as they could supposedly type fast enough on their iPhones and iPod Touches. Yeah. Right. Who wants to type a school paper on a phone? Then the smaller Macbook Air got a release. Delusions and fanboyism at their finest.
Ehhh, when reading posts and commenting here, it's best to keep your expectations of a reasoned discussion as low as possible. It IS an Apple-centric website. People do make shit up all the time. I've had numerous WTF moments upon reading comments by posters who seem to have this idea that they've suddenly obtained MBAs and engineering degrees by reading articles about Apple's and Samsung's business plans. When it was announced Samsung was fabbing chips for Apple, we had...
Pretty soon, Apple Insider will have to start calling itself "Apple and Samsung Insider." This website is increasingly following Samsung's every move. Seriously.
Yes, OneNote is very popular for note-taking for college and grad students. It's pretty much the default option.
Sold means sold. These figures are on top of smartphones sold in previous quarters. Retailers are only going to buy as many phones as they think they'll be able to sell. Go check some news articles. Plenty of retailers in the UK were reporting that the GS2 was selling out consistently.
Get over it. No serious court on Earth is entertaining far-reaching look and feel claims. The lawsuits were just an enormous waste of time and resources for both sides anyway.