or Connect

Posts by 80025

Woah, hang on there a minute. A focus group is both a data collection and analysis methodology. Typically consisting of 8-12 participants, facilitated by a trained facilitator, and yielding in depth descriptions from a small homogeneous sample. WWDC developers are not a homogeneous population but rather diverse. The design and methodology utilized in the article is a survey. Mostly likely employing paper-and-pencil data collection techniques and incoportating descriptive...
QUOTE: "I believe you need a random sampling size of roughly 1,050 developers to get a realistic representation of the entire dev populous, assuming there are 61,000 of them". Sample size is definately a factor if one intends to make inferences from the data. However, such factors as confidence interval and representtive sampling are also essential when the intent is to determine if the data reduction and analysis yields statistically significant results.
I'm interpreting the percentages as percent of the total population (n=20, n=45) and that there appears to be duplicated reporting of the data (e.g., an individual developes for multiple platforms). So besides the poor research design, we now have confusing depicting of the data in tabular format. Something else to consider is: of what relevance to the survey is the reporting of the average number of apps in the app store? First, there are only apple apps in the app store,...
With all due respect to the researchers and/or data analysists, this type of appleinsider headline reporting is inappropriate. So lets take a look at the actual research design. At first glance, a sample of 47 participants appears to be very small. One wonders how many attendees were at WWDC? For example, if there were 4,700 attendees, then the sample size is a mere 1%. Additionally, is the sample representative of the attendee population? Factors such as age, gender,...
[QUOTE=IQ78;1879367]This says it all. MS is paying the price for all the years and years of frustration people have had to suffer using Windows 3.0 thru Windows Vista. Sure MS has made a fine OS with Windows7... but it's too late. I think Windows is viewed much like people view cable companies... many people are neutral toward them and the rest loath them, yet the product is necessary and the options are greatly restricted, so they are put up with. And already...
Salty ? (from BawlBaby Ballmer's incessant teary-eyed whining)
I just saw the new MajorCrap braded tablet at the Dollar Store. It's 8.5" x 11" (21.6 cm x 28 cm) and available in blue or white. Made in China it's billed as a "Dry-Erase Board in Assorted Frame Colours".
Oh goody, another MajorCrap "me too" product. Apple HAS something so, MC has to SAY they're GONNA have something. Me too, look at me, look at me, don't look at them, ours will be better. I am so underwhelmed.
Saying something doesn't make it so...
More ho-hum from the Redmond folks at MajorCrap. <>