or Connect

Posts by rare comment

Agree with so much here. The iPad is a long upgrade cycle device - that is a GOOD thing as it suggests people are happy with what they purchased. If I were Apple, I would rather have customers who are satisfied rather than customer who feel their newish devices were obsoleted. In the long run, sales are less relevant than usage and satisfaction. I believe that iPads continue to have disproportionately high usage figures (relative to their ownership rates). Annual...
As many have noted, Apple Watch pricing seems quite specifically structured to avoid competition with the Swiss. And, instead, highly targeted to the low/mid end. For more, see: http://q10a1.blogspot.com/2015/03/apple-watch-pricing.html
Fortune 500 is an annual revenue-based ranking.  Fortune uses full year results for all the companies in the list (companies may have different fiscal years but all are 12 months) so it's an apples-to-apples comparison - every company is missing some recent periods. Even if periods were identical, the value of the list is unclear.  Walmart is certainly huge but not as big, relative to Apple or Exxon as its revenues suggest; for the most part, its revenues are pretty close...
I think this is $410m in revenue per quarter...
I think the classic got cancelled because 2.5" hard drives were no longer manufactured?
not unlimited kindle books (that is a different program) - but one free book a month which is nice. unlimited music within the prime set is also nice. unlimited photo storage is valuable as a backup. also, I think there is an option to share prime with other people? prime is a weird hodgepodge of features and services.
The oddest part of this story is the reference to "Windows fans" as a core target market.  I'm not denigrating Windows or suggesting that there aren't versions of Windows that are quite likable (Windows 7 is very nice).  What I am saying is that, with all the changes to Windows over the years and, more importantly, the massive changes to the mobile OS together with the massive (until Windows 10) differences between the desktop OS and the mobile OS, there isn't any specific...
Rather than being reflective of unhappiness with iPads, declining tablet (including iPad) sales seems to reflect: (i) huge unmet demand when iPad was first released; (ii) durability of product; and (iii) different pricing models from phones. I suspect we will see wishy-washy sales for a few more years and then a nice steady business for a long time to come thereafter. It's far from a bad thing to build a durable, long-lived product that people are willing to pay a lot of...
The tagline is ominous. And, I assume, well considered given Apple's attention to detail. I do hope that we see the introduction of apps (i.e., games) for a new Apple Tv. For another example of this extreme attention to detail, see this: http://q10a1.blogspot.com/2015/02/apple-and-detail.html
I stick by 6m for May + June (with a week of April), mostly because of supply constraints (real ones) as discussed here: http://q10a1.blogspot.com/2015/03/apple-watch-sales-expectations.html