or Connect

Posts by RBR

Bingo!!!   What became of the "it's your data, use it how you want".   Put bluntly, these plans suck. I was expecting to be able to add an iPad that would be able to access "my data" on my existing plan. AT&T would have sold me an iPad that I won't be buying from them under these plans and I might even have upgraded my data plan. Now I am going to be on the lookout for someone else who offers not just what I want, but what, I think, we have a right to expect. Actually,...
I created yet another Apple ID for my iPhone to back it up because of the poor backup implementation in iTunes. (Long story) I am pretty sure that is all I will ever use it for though.
That and AT&T wanted "a better deal" than they were getting from Apple.
Wizard69,   You again miss most points. You seem to be good at that. Try reading and thinking for a change.   For example, your "Well that is obvious" remark after you proclaim how wonderful the new one will be...bla, bla, bla. The Mac Pro has been neglected in a major way.   As far as Tim's statement, I took it at face value. There will be a Mac Pro next year sometime. He has yet to display a willingness to say that the Mac Pro has a place in Apple's future...
You miss several points. First, Apple's neglect and fights with Adobe have resulted in the loss of what was once an important customer base. I am aware of a fair number of technical useers in the scientific and medical community who, if forced will leave the platform, but would much prefer to remain. They would have to find a solution elsewhere...a unix or linux box most likely.   I don't take Tim's statement as meaning anything in particular. If forced to guess, I would...
  I am afraid you are in denial. Someone should put the Mac Pro on a death watch. The rate at which Apple are failing to update it will make it increasingly irrelevant even if the company does not formally kill it immediately. When the sales continue to plummet, Apple will say that they had no choice but to discontinue it.   I believe you are correct in your belief that there will be a continuing need for  desk side computers (they don't belong on the desk top). It is...
WWDC keynote over: Is that all there is???   What a disappointment!   There are people waiting for the new iMacs, if nothing else. Perhaps someone will get a look inside Mountain Lion to see if there appears to be support for the Mac Pro.
Tomahawk,   Your point about killing two birds with one stone is well taken, if Apple had any intention of bothering to continue the product line. Like many others, I doubt the Mac Pro, however configured, is in Apple's long term plans. If the rumored Mac Pro update is not the last hurrah, it is not far from it. History has shown that Apple can not be expected to update the platform with new graphics cards & etc in between major refreshes, if there is to be one, and...
Such machines are more accurately described as "deskside" rather than "desktop" computers (whether a true workstation or merely a tower). Hardly anyone actually puts them on the desk where they take up useful space to no good end. They are put where convenient and appearance really does not matter much so long as it is a function device.