or Connect

Posts by RBR

Interestingly, Intel are reported to be pressing the hard drive manufacturers to come up with an ultra-thin hybrid for use in new thin PC laptops intended to compete with the MBA. It supposedly will have much of the performance of a SSD, but with a larger storage capacity than is typical of the MBA and at a price which will allow the new PC laptops to have a competitive price point.   Apple just might benefit from these as well.   Cheers
You truly are from a different universe if you did not realize Steve was at war with Adobe which makes further comment redundant.Out.
I don't know what universe you are in if you think it bad business to let customers know you are not abandoning them. It is true that Apple, historically, treats customers like (used oats) and is disinclined to tell anybody anything. That does not mean it is bad business practice to do so however. Indeed, in this instance, all the company need tell the customers is that there will be a continuation of the product line. That's it! You miss the point of my earlier statement...
    Apple really does need to make a policy statement about continued support for the Mac Pro or, at the very least, have a "highly place source" leak plans for a next Mac Pro and support for it beyond that. There are quite a few people sitting on the sidelines waiting for Apple to clarify the situation. Quite a few of them are willing to change OS to keep the hardware they need/want. It is a real shame that Apple is leaving people hanging on this.   If Intel does delay...
I have seen some people doing that and some who have an integrated keyboard/case to put the iPad in. It just seemed as though you wind up with a package that is about the same as a MacBook Air, although you do have the option to not carry the keyboard when you don't think you will need it. The Apple Bluetooth keyboard is nice enough, but the batteries in it make it a bit thick. Thanks.
Ahhhhh...NO! Apple never sells anything "at near cost price". If you should have learned anything about Apple, Inc., it is that margins are what it is about. Not service, not cutting edge technology, but margins. If some of the other stuff is necessary to keep sales up, so be it, but it is all about margins. Why do you think the aftermarket installation of SSDs is thriving? Apple charges much too much for their SSDs (and RAM for that matter, although its pricing is down...
I understand portability, but what I don't get is data entry. Are you entering data or merely using the iPad to call up data and/or for "show and tell" demos? Thanks.
Hi LBB,I certainly agree that there are many people whose needs can be met with a laptop and a bigger screen with some peripherals at home or the office, but there are many others who need the laptop as a mobility tool to sync with their desktop whether they are on the Mac platform or another.Actually, I was disappointed with the design of the Mac Pro case, but then I prefer functionality over appearance and I would hardly ever see it as it goes out of the way under the...
I said 'I wish' and that someone other than Jonny would design it. From Apple's unresponsiveness to something as simple a non-glare screen it is clear the direction the company have chosen. If Apple fail to make a clear statement of commitment to continued development of the Mac Pro (which would be out of character) the time may be at hand to take another path or, as Yogi put it, when you come to a fork in the road, take it. I am increasingly less convince of the...
An Apple EDU Rep said that we (Apple) expected that it (the iPad) would be successful, but we had no idea it would take off the way it has. Now that it has become something of a phenomena, Apple have scrambled to develop capabilities suited to the uses which have been created for the iPad. I quite agree with your remark about the state of affairs of Apple's desktops. Let's face it, the iMac's chosen form factor and the consequent thermal issues dictates the choice of...