or Connect

Posts by RBR

Yea, really? That is not the question or the subject. It's text entry. You may recall that I pointed out the touchpad in the photo of the Asus device and commented that it was not relevant to a discussion of the iPad. Just what are you talking about?
No, you are not "forced to touch" it. If you don't care for the keyboard either don't use it or, better yet, don't buy it. I don't see how making the iPad larger overcomes the inability to touch type. If it were 30", you would still need a better text input mechanism on some occasions. Your argument simply is not logical.
Did you actually look at the picture or read the description? It's detachable.
I have several of the Apple Bluetooth Keyboards. To be kind, they are unsuited to the task with tablets.   There is no identity crisis. There is, however, denial on your part that there is a need for such a product. I don't subscribe to the "if I needed it Apple would have provided it" school of thought. I see people struggling with the third party "make do" products and putzing around with the Apple Keyboard. There are, and always will be, situations where text entry is...
This is the current version of the Asus Tablet to which I referred. It uses a Tegra SoC and runs on Android, not Win 8 or such. You will note that the hinge assembly of the keyboard serves as a docking station. I spoke with the person who had it at some length and it had a number of shortcomings, such as poor battery life and nothing like the number of apps available for the iPad. The form factor, however was good. It was, IMO, much more elegant than any of the (third...
No! This is a "both" option. You can buy the table by itself and, if you so desire, you can buy the keyboard that integrates with it, but is removable for those occasions when you don't need it. Take a look at the Asus and you will see that it is not a laptop at all and it is much more elegant than any of the "cases" for the iPad I have seen.
The one change I believe Apple need to be prepared for is a change of form factor for the iPad. Nothing terribly radical, but an enclosure adapted for use with a keyboard. A bit over a year ago Asus came out with a tablet with an optional keyboard that had a cradle to hold the tablet. The form factor was very interesting. M$'s surface is a variation on this. Neither system IMO is anything near being a substantial competitor for the iPad, but sooner or later they may...
Frankly, I don't think there is that much engineering involved in whatever the new Mac Pro may be. Well, at least not on Apple's part. Intel have done most of the heavy lifting on the technical engineering side and Apple have basically wrapped a pretty shell around it. Apple may surprise me, but I don't expect any really big changes in the Mac Pro box itself. That's not to say anything one way or the other about it. It's big, but so what. Despite it being called a...
Lloyd Chambers (MacPerformance Guide) thinks it may be August 2013 before Apple releases a new Mac Pro because of remarks Steve made two or three years ago, brought to his attention by a reader of his site, that Apple would not release a Mac Pro until USB 3 was natively supported. The Ivy Bridge Xeon is supposed to support USB 3 natively.   You will recall that all Tim said was "next year".   Even when Apple does release a new Mac Pro, without much greater clarity on...
I disagree in part. The idea of "not putting chips in cables" is, quite simply, a cost issue which goes to the very heart of TB. Whether TB is a "huge success" or not must certainly depend upon one's perspective and what one considers "success". In my view TB is not yet a failure and neither is it a success at this time. Unless something is done about the cost issues, I question whether it will be broadly adopted. It could easily become a niche product.   As far as...