or Connect

Posts by RBR

AT&T, indeed most of the carriers, gouge you for the privilege of tethering a device to your phone just to use data for which you have already paid. It is too bad that the regulatory agencies have not stepped in to rectify the situation.
I did say "reportedly", not "confirmed". I rather doubt that Google would be "shouting it from the rooftops" if it were not ready to go. If and when Google submit the app for approval, it will be interesting to see what stance Apple take.
Google are reportedly working on a separate app to be submitted to the app store. It should be interesting to watch Apple's reaction to this.
I can't recall the name of the outfit that supposedly has taken on a lot of Apple production which should improve the assembly situation. I am still not sure about the capacity of the parts suppliers.   October is getting pretty close now. If Apple does not soon release some updates, one has to wonder how the delay will affect the next few rounds of updates.   [Edit] P.S. I think very few university students are using anything other than laptops these days. In fact, a...
No it does not. There is no such guarantee.Apple have had their share of "roadapples".
Oh, come on! You are comparing something that is at least three years away and contingent upon several, as yet, unproven technologies with something that is six months off according to leaked Intel documents and public confirmation from company executives that things are proceeding well. That is not a reasonable comparison.   Even if the first versions of Haswell are released in March, the release will not fit well with Apple's historic product release cycle. I don't...
Well, yea, but you made it sound as if Haswell were merely vaporware.   I doubt either of us believes that Apple will wait for Haswell for a new Mini (or iMac) release because, if nothing else, it does not fit their time line for product releases. Haswell releases of the lower CPUs should follow soon after if the Intel Exec's comments about things being ahead of schedule prove anywhere near correct when the time comes. Laptop chips are a priority at Intel these days as...
I agree about the "keep selling" bit, but Haswell is expected to launch in March '13 and Intel Execs have made public statements that things are progressing ahead of schedule toward that release. As you will recall, Ivy Bridge was a process change (along with the tri-gate tech) and it is this, now well implemented, process that will be employed for the (new architecture) Haswell release.   The sad part is that Apple fiddled so long to release their Ivy Bridge products...
Actually, iOS is dated and crude when compared to OS X. It appears that the iOS development team has learned very little from the experience of OS X. Memory leaks are a big problem through iOS 5 (I have not had anything to do with iOS 6 at this point). Backup and syncing is not at all what it should be. Supposedly, restoring from iCloud preserves App organization, but I have not tried it yet. If restoring from iTunes you either lose app organization or, if using the...