or Connect

Posts by RBR

Or perhaps they are counting three pixels (RGB) for each effective pixel the way some digital cameras do.
Cell phones are to be the first devices making widespread use of OLEDs in part because of the small size (ease of manufacture), lower resolution (ease of manufacture) and other issues that will allow them to work out technical and manufacturing issues for larger screens. Cell phones are an ideal target because of the potential for better battery life and improved screen image even at an early stage of development...potential reduced costs don't hurt either.
Thanks for the interesting reference to the contract. It raises a bunch of questions. I just do not see IBM getting out of the desktop arena altogether. IBM is plainly working on something that could be called "PC II" and is working on a standardized architecture for the Power PC (it is one way to increase the sale of their chips). I keep coming back to something along the lines of the Intel/Dell relationship. Intel does much, if not most, of the design of the...
I don't know much about this source, but it is more speculation about the prospects of a new (non-X86) IBM PC. http://www.audiogogo.com/content/view/62/80/
"For the last three weeks"... was a 6/17 article. This is definitely and old article. It is still provocative and poses the question of where will Apple go both in terms of development and the corporation itself. I believe that the Sun/Apple connection is old information and is not a likely occurrence at this time as Sun has problems of its own with the SPARC platform, among other things. IBM, on the other hand, seems to be moving right along even taking into account...
Without actually knowing what the agreement was on the sale of the X86 PC division one could imagine that IBM wants to start a new PC division. One which uses their CPUs and an OS that they control and integrates better with their larger systems. Apple could integrate into their lineup to fill certain product categories which could benefit Apple as an opening to corporations that would not otherwise give them the time of day. IBM has been promoting a standards group for...
IMAX SUCKS. [/B][/QUOTE] I don't know which ones you have looked at, but the ones I have been in are stunning. Even non-IMAX films (such as the 70 mm restored Lawrence of Arabia) are impressive.
The issue of confusion of automobiles with other products was dealt with in the lawsuit by Beretta firearms and Chevrolet. Beretta was concerned that somehow or other the public would wind up having a lesser opinion of their shotguns because Chevy named a (supposedly) mediocre auto the same thing. Not surprisingly the court had trouble seeing how the public would confuse a car with a shotgun and threw the suit out. I think that case would provide the answer in any...
I do not recall all of the particulars about the changes in the T637, but I recall that there was a new antenna (module) and several other changes that were aimed at reception problems and the fading in and out (it sounded like a kid dragging a stick on a picket fence) with dropped signals that were the most common problem. The rest I was prepared to overlook, but I tired of dropping calls, people asking me to call back when I could get a better connection or me asking...
Thanks for the update re: T637. I am glad to hear that it is better than the T616. There were lots of people with ATTWS who had the same experience that I did with the T616. In fact there was someone who went to the trouble of recording the sound problems and posting them here on HoFo. I did speak with SE about the T637 about the time that it was released and it suffers from the same limitations as the T616 in regards to the number of phone numbers per entry in the...