or Connect

Posts by RBR

You are the uninformed one. I reference the man's own words. 
No. Go read things again.
I get it from his own words. When a juror substitutes their own knowledge/expertise for that of the witnesses and evidence presented in court and the instructions of the court as to the law that is wrong.   I certainly wonder just how far Samsung's attorneys went into the foreman's background with respect to patents during their examination of him prior to actually selecting the jury. While there is a lot of strategy used in the exercise of challenges ("strikes") in...
Actually, read more of the early interviews with the foreman. It is not a question of whether he has an iPhone (or any other Apple product for that matter, but a question of whether he was improperly serving as an expert witness on patents and carried his own motivations based upon prior (presumably bad) experience attempting to enforce a patent of his own. That does not make him a bad person, just not the one who should have been on the jury in the first place (possibly...
Someone ought to investigate the jury foreman's patent experiences. The more that comes out about this, the more it suggests that he had a bad experience attempting to enforce a patent of his and was on a vendetta. It strongly suggests the possibility of a personal motivation in the outcome of the case rather than a dispassionate juror reviewing the facts and applying them to the instructions given by the court.   This case may well drag out for the better part of a...
The foreman may be guilty of juror misconduct because he says he used his personal expertise in the area of patents to guide him (and presumably the other jurors as well) in reaching their verdict.   Quite apart from that, potential errors by the trial court and fundamental issues about patents will, no doubt, be reviewed on appeal.   I am surprised that a number of Apple's patents were not invalidated by the court, before ever submitting the case to the jury, as they...
None of the companies had any idea how large the market for "PCs" would become. Not IBM, not Xerox, not even Apple.   One thing that "changed everything" is the internet. Without it many people believe the "PC" market would be dramatically smaller.
Are you really that obtuse? Bloatware takes away performance on any platform. It is not a problem unique to Windows,now that you bring up the subject of Windows. Microsoft has simply been the dominant vendor of "office productivity suites". Without Microsoft's support of the Mac platform some years ago there is considerable doubt that Apple would have survived.   You dissemble in a meaningless way to no good end.
I would guess that the conversation went something like this:   Papermaster: So, Jim, when do your Apple shares vest?   Keller: They just vested, so I'm good.   Papermaster: How'd you like to come work at a place where you aren't treated like dirt? I've enjoyed life a lot more since I left.   Keller: That might be interesting. What have you got in mind?   Papermaster: I'll put you in charge of our mobile development and a few other things where we...
Without access to extensive (proprietary) data it would be difficult to determine the actual rate of occurrence of failure of soldered components or the soldering itself. (Soldering is not exactly a perfect interconnect.) Anecdotal evidence suggests that the failure rate, across the industry, is higher than the manufacturers want to be known. It is unsettling for a consumer to consider that an entire motherboard/logic board may need to be replaced out-of-warranty because...