or Connect

Posts by RBR

You ignore the obvious fact that Ive's design characteristic is poor thermal design. If you don't care anything at all about functionality, they are just fine. Go stick your head in the sand and ignore reality. All he does is design packages that overheat.
I simply think that is madness when talking about a Mini. Space is not that critical and defective RAM is much more common than you seem to think. I do not have prices to quote, but it simply can not be that expensive to provide slots for RAM. Soldering RAM also precludes an upgrade as the price of denser RAM stick comes down.   I, grudgingly, concede the place of soldered RAM in the rMBP, but I certainly hope that it is not the way things will be a widespread trend in...
There is no sound reason to use USB 2 over USB 3 (it is backwards compatible).   Why on earth would you want RAM soldered to the motherboard?
  Fair enough, but it appears that the large screen phones are selling "well", whatever that may mean. However many that may be, the proposition is simply that a larger screen seems desirable to a significant number of people who would like one in the next iPhone.
Make that "if it is not 4G".
The server model resulted from a shock Apple received. Customers (corporate and EDU among others) were making use of the Mini in ways Apple had never envisioned and were reportedly buy substantial numbers of them to do so. The server model was simply a response to customer request.   The use of mobile components results in greater costs without any particular benefit. If a revised Mini form factor were developed to deal with the greater thermal envelope, the less...
Given a choice between who to "vote off the mothership", I would vote for Ive to go, but Cook needs to quit blaming the customer for sales which are lower than expected. The message he should be receiving is that the current offerings are not what the customer wants when viewed from their perspective. The economy is obviously a factor in any purchase decision and manufacturers must assure that their products have value (in this case features and capabilities) to convince...
Server software should be a non-issue. I am not up to speed on Mountain Lion, but Lion included a number of server licenses along with the regular OS. When you take that out of the equation, the $999 price point can include vastly improved hardware compared to the ones that were factoring in the price of server software...OK, I realize that Apple actually has to pay something for additional hardware whereas the server software did not actually cost them anything and so...
There is a lot more benefit from anti-glare screens than from high pizel density displays. Turn-by-turn navigation is a big deal. It can potentially do away with the need for a second GPS device which means that the iPhone would have greater value to many customers both in terms of making a difference in a decision to purchase a new phone instead of replacing the out of date GPS device and in terms of size/weight that they carry around rather than unsuccessfully trying to...
Tim Cook is blaming everyone here for the disappointing sales...because you are waiting for the iPhone 5. Could it be that the people who are witing for the new iPhone are doing so because the currently available iPhone is not really competitive? It's not 4G...big problem. The screen is small...maybe not quite as big a problem, but a problem nonetheless. Jonny Ive keeps focusing on making the device smaller when he should be focusing on making it more functional and with...