or Connect

Posts by mello

I read that nearly half the hard drive's space is already filled up with the OS & other Microsoft software.
Where do you think Apple stock will bounce up to if they win their case against Samsung? My guess will shoot up $30-$40 in about a minute after the verdict is announced.
I found out recently that only 6% of the movies that Netflix streams is in HD (720p). 1080pstreaming will not be available for a year.
I was ripping some of my old DVDs with handbrake to watch on my iPhone. Is there a way to do the same with my blu-ray discs? I noticed that the blu-rays that I have with a downloadable copy tend to be huge (around 1.5 gigs). I was ripping my DVDs down to around 500mb for a 2-hour movie.
Found this online: Q: How many times has Apple stock split? A: There have been three 2-for-1 stock splits. The payable dates were; June 15, 1987 June 21, 2000 February 28, 2005
I thought the stock was around $5-$10 at the time & I know that the stock has split a couple time, just don't know how many & what the ratio of the stock splits were.
If I would have bought $1000 worth of Apple stock when Steve Jobs came back to Apple, how much would that investment be worth today?
Apple should use any advantages that it can for more marketshare. One of the reasons that the PS2 was such a major success was the Grand Theft Auto franchise which was exclusive to Sony for years. Final Fantasy is another which Sony swiped from Nintendo. Other exclusive titles off the top of my head (Ridge Racer, God of War, Wipeout, Spyro, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, & etc.) Also it's not like they don't have any money to spare. They have 51 BILLION in the bank....
I recently downloaded Infinity Blade for my iPhone & it's friggin' amazing. Other game companies create their own exclusive killer apps for their consoles to draw people to them. Microsoft has Halo & Gears of War. Sony has Gran Tourismo & God of War. Apple has Texas Hold'em!?!? What is Apple's reasoning for not creating their own killer apps to draw new customers to the iPhone, iPad, & iTouch? They should be hiring people to fill in this gap. Hell, maybe the should...
I'm guessing it's meaningful to him if he bought Apple stock when it was low. I'm friggin' ecstatic about it. I bought seven grand of Apple stock when it was at $51.