or Connect

Posts by gardnerj

Title pretty much says it all. my mbp recently started clicking from the top left corner of the keyboard and subsequently has been painfully slow sometimes locking up. the clicking and whirring sounds like disk activity and head movement which is worrying. its still under warranty so should be fixable but just wondering if others have any ideas re diagnostics, possible faults etc hw info: Model NametMacBook Pro 15" Model IdentifiertMacBookPro2,2 Processor NametIntel Core...
only had it occur when on battery but then i don't tend to use it on mains.
I'm not that brave yet. A unix sys admin by day even i'm wary of jumping in and hacking to that level as i know i don't really understand it. the change of encryption method mentioned in the link above seems to have done the trick at the moment. i'll give it a couple of weeks and see. thanks to all for their input
machine boots and operates fine just periodically demands a hard reset thanks anyway.
looks like the one .. i'll have a crack at it tonight
since applying the latest osx patch, may be coincidence not sure, my mbpro 15" has started grey screening and forcing me to power off/restart the last two reports have mentioned the airport card. full text below: panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A4A55): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0, Type 14=page fault), registers: CR0: 0x8001003b, CR2: 0x0c010009, CR3: 0x00e21000, CR4: 0x000006e0 EAX: 0x00000006, EBX: 0x23672107, ECX: 0x0c010009, EDX: 0x2366fb4c CR2: 0x0c010009, EBP:...
hi guys I use domain mail forwarding from my domain to another pop3 account. For example mail comes in to abc123@mydomain.co.uk and gets forward to a personal account at blueyonder, now virgin. So my mail.app Version 2.1.1 (752.3) downloads from the pop3 blueyonder account. I have set mail to delete messages once they have been downloaded BUT for some reason it is not doing so meaning that I periodically have to go into the pop3 account and do this manually. I'm not...
Similar dilema here. I'm looking to replace my 12"pb and cheap and nasty windows laptop with a single machine dual booting. Originally i was going to go for mbp 2.33 2 gb, 160g dirve total cost was about £2100 with apple care. but then I realised if i got a decent spec'd black mb 2gb, 160g drive i could also afford a basic white mb for the mrs for only £200 more than the single mbp. My graphics needs aren't huge, only a few windows games, how much of a hit is the...
ok ignore that last post it was just a coincidence. I have since bought a replacement airport card. Trouble is when i install it and power on it doesn't see the old network. i didn't think i had to configure the new card? It should just see the existing network right? I put the old card back in and i can see the network albeit with occasional drop outs.
seems like a lifetime .... yeah i realised that as soon as i submitted the thread. Intrestingly opening terminal and running: /sbin/service comsat start reassigns a proper ip not quite sure what that means though