or Connect

Posts by Russell

I was commenting about how the whole speaker setup on the ipads are terrible.   I know you don't want to, but after listening to a Fire, you might like it.   I know people don't have to upgrade every year, but most Apple users can't stop themselves. Apple is controlling them like a drug dealer does his addicts.
    It can be called stereo speakers, but Amazon wanted to point out there are 2 speakers per side. They are using that feature to differentiate their product from other tablets, specifically the iPad.   Multiple drivers are common in home stereos, but not on tablets. If Amazon called it 2 drivers per speaker then 90% of their customers wouldn't know what the heck they were talking about.     What I find more interesting is, the iPad2 & 3 have stereo speakers. Apple...
  Yes, that's why Apple is buying from them. No other company can build them as well and as fast, as Samsung.
    Oh please, compared to AM radios the ipad sounds good.  Compared to the Kindle Fire HD, ipad speakers suck. 
    Sure Apple will be ahead after 3 years, but it's at the expense of the people that upgrade every year.   Apple just loves the people that stay on the upgrade treadmill. That's how they can afford to pay a retired guy $2mil a month!
  Oh really?  iFixit disassembled a Fire HD and there are 2(dual) speakers on the left side and the right side.  
  Yeah right. Tell that to Bob Mansfield.  Oh, and why don't you apply for a job there and tell them you'll do it for less than anybody else.
"The growth in R&D expense was driven by an increase in headcount and related expenses to support expanded R&D activities."   It's about time they paid their people more.  Everybody in Silicon Valley knows Apple salaries are not that competitive for the amount of work you do.  
  Oh yes it does matter. The sound quality of the Kindle Fire HD is far superior to any ipad.
  And another ass person doesn't realise Apple stock dropped over $100 the past 5 weeks and hasn't bottomed.       No matter what media... movies, music, books, photos or web pages look better and sound better on the Kindle Fire HD than any iPad at any price.