or Connect

Posts by SailorPaul

At $30 per month, I'd be awfully tempted to buy the youngest kid of mine an iPhone just to eliminate the carrier's recurring charges.
Because installing a Windows app often needs a call to tech support in order to complete. The Mac apps typically do not.
Are you saying that you don't believe AT&T got their monies worth based on the results of their claimed investment?
That's incorrect. iOS does ask if the app uses your contact data. Example: Nuance's Dragon Dictation which improves my personal voice recognition spelling by reading the contact list. I ended up creating a contact record for my dog just so the speech recognition engine's accuracy improved.
Wait... RIM wants to allow someone else to remote wipe my entire personal device just because they have a sandboxes corp email app on my phone -- that I pay for? I don't think so. Glad my corp elected to use Good Tech
Makes it easier for the user to know which end is up.
It's not magic. Apple innovates, executes and controls costs. Most oher major companies only focus on cost cutting
I understood that up front, and should have at least touched on those facts. My point is only that assembly is not the majority of the value in the product AND that after the Japan twin disasters it's also clear that concentration of manufacturing in a single economy may not be in everyone's best interests.
Simply count the number of neighbors chomping at the bit for their order, or people in airport waiting areas who turn green w envy. Then mulitply that number by, oh say, something between 250,000 to 1,000,000 units.
One Japanese manufacturer was publicly discussing the need to open a second factory in the USA in order to insure reliable production worldwide. From memory it was the polymer film mfg for lithium batteries in the last two-three weeks. Might be nice to see this as a discussion point with all key suppliers. It's becoming rather clear that a lot of the money for iPhone and IPad construction is going to component suppliers in Japan (maybe Taiwan and other places as a...