or Connect

Posts by SailorPaul

At last. Someone with a real perspective on the issues and what it will take. I disagree with some of the courses of action the author feels Apple might take (consultants, the acquired companies and such), but at least he's identifying the issues that caused the problems. (Source link at the bottom of the post) "...I had a call from Marc Prioleau of Prioleau Advisors this morning and speaking with him prompted me to look into the uproar over Apple’s problems with its...
The London thief was not very knowledgeable about digital devices. Otherwise, he would've stolen 256 of them
And what about Southwest Airlines? Let's get on the ball SWA. I just moved the Doc's cross country travel this week to United Airlines over the lack of Passbook support.... And the Doc bought an upgraded seat through the app on United This is the kind of functionality that makes a difference to customers -- and causes them to take their money and go someplace else if it's not supported
Stop whining and punch the button marked "Report a problem"   Maps, all maps, since before Christopher Columbus all improved with more users and more use.  Get over it.
An unlocked and unsubsidized iPhone at $200 would accelerate carrier switching away from carriers (AT&T and well, AT&T and somewhat from Verizon) when those carriers fail to deliver what customer's want.   A $200 unlocked unit that would deliver FaceTime over 3G would would be a huge motivator to switch.      Having carriers abuse Apple customers less often is a good goal for Apple.  
I'd like to see a class action lawsuit on the following:  I have paid for the bits in my monthly data charge.  Those bits are paid for, my property, and are not subject to AT&T telling me how each bit can be used -- and these bits do not expire (roll-over data bucket).
The new format is unreadable on an iPhone 4s as soon as you jump to the comments section.  The new layout does NOT allow the reader to pinch zoom the size of text -- as a result the article is formatted fine BUT the much wider actual comments are so much wider as to be unreadable.   If this was done so that AI can insert an advertising on the top right (next to the article), then this needs to be done differently.   Why not insert the ad below the article at the...
I do, and I recognize that the design compromises required to support another radio would lessen the user experience that Apple insists on delivering today (size, battery life) . When a market segment is more expensive to support, it waits.
Of course why bother to encourage the Chinese use of proprietary 3G signaling They just did it to avoid paying royalties. Let China Mobile hurry to build out their LTE service in order to carry the iPhone, and let the other two chinese carriers get as many world-standard 3G customers as they can sign up.
This is "visual SIP" (session initiation protocal) for humans