or Connect

Posts by SailorPaul

Who's got the insight on this issue? At first I thought it was just one vendor complaining, but here's a small vendor ( Ford ) with a less-than-complete feature set in their car's Ford SYNC product for iPhone vs a full feature set for Blackberry. ".....and Ford were showing off the third version of Ford Sync at CES, and Casey and Phil from Android Central and I jumped in and got a demo. The good news is that it works great. It plays your music, makes your phone calls, and...
Month-to-month VZ data plan on a multi-user MiFi Better tethering pricing than AT&T Just add FaceTime, even on a next gen WiFi iPad, and we've got something to look at.
Did Ballmer visit a medical marijuana store in a western state just before this interview? The quality of Ballmer's comments prove that he inhaled -- many, many, many times-- before speaking such rubbish.
Made me laugh. Stupid execs. ".....Kathleen Grillo, a senior vice president for federal regulatory affairs at Verizon, wrote that, “In order to protect customers from minimal, accidental usage charges, Verizon Wireless does not charge users (for data access) when ..." ...That statement seems to be contradicted by Verizon’s latest statement. “As we reviewed customer accounts, we discovered that over the past several years, approximately 15 million customers who did...
I was involved in carrier negotiations in the past. The issue is that the cellular carriers feel they can:1. Monetize apps that they control over and above the data plan price (i.e. AT&T Navigator at $10 per month, Vz's flawed music store).2. Use the carrier controlled apps (crap-ware) to make "their" smartphone act and feel different to the user. Ivory tower cellular execs feel this will help them avoid being a dumb pipe and elevate the value of their brand WITHOUT...
Printing to "shared" printers directly attached to a running Mac or PC is a crap solution. I buy network printers to off load the work to a e-star device that sleeps until needed. That was one household, 6 Macs and two corp WinPCees. One network B&W and one network color. I'll happily deal with drivers in order to get my iPhones and iPads to print to those network devices (BTW the other household has six iPhones, three (soon to be four) Macs and one WinPCeee. Same...
It seems you are NOT yet ready to submit your resume for the position of "Manager of Amorphous Metal Development". Then again, neither am I. Anyone have a serious answer to his Q?
AppleMax?
Must mean not enough H2O and/or body fat. Congrats on your good health -- and not being a fat complaining pig.
Hmmmm. Is this a demo opportunity for Apple's new southern server farm?