or Connect

Posts by SailorPaul

Dad says "TV off until 6pm tomorrow. Goodnight". $99 Children groan, and stumble off to bed. .....Priceless
The local OTA broadcasters all run successful ad sales programs, and the FCC "must carry" rules are the trade cable/phone companies make in exchange for their franchise monopoly on last mile delivery. So....... That's not really the nut that needs to be cracked. The big issue is price of unbundled content when the content is " less than compelling" for a large part of the population. That's what is really bothering the content creators.
The amount of energy expended to move the 6 pound laptop across town is greater. (and thus more objectionable to the employee. However the two objects still weigh 6 and 40 pounds respectively. It's the end user experience that varies.Unless of course it's a Windows machine, which automatically gains weight from all crap loaded by apps and viruses. /s
It doesn't look like they are.
No, Apple already bought NeXT
However I DO VERY MUCH LIKE the 48 hour viewing window for youtube rentals. The iTunes 24 hour window is too short for families with a busy life -- difficult for those who return mid-movie to watch the rest of it inside the rental cycle. That fact alone has cut into the number of rentals we do from iTunes. That's too bad, because otherwise I really like the iTunes selection. Off to Netflix I go for another almost new...
My experience led me to a different conclusion. My youngest were the drivers to get an iPad (original model) at ages 8 and 13. They did NOT primarily use it for games. Yes, they loaded a few but they have most often been seen curled up on a couch searching for something that interests them (cars, googling answers to settle bets with the brothers, .....one son used it non-stop to leave examples of knives/swords he wanted for birthday/Xmas/grade-point-rewards for a...
AI, the word is "peak" as in a high point of sales. Not peek
Good for Apple. I wouldn't want carrier-crap pre-installed on any phone I buy. If I should decide to download it later after purchase, then the carrier can work extra hard to make it better carrier-crap. My choice, not theirs.
I dunno... It's kinda nice to have a colony nearby. Although in a few more years, a summer home in Cuba would be nice too. We even have a base ready to expand and deliver even more useful services there (coastal patrols, customs and who knows what else). jk