or Connect

Posts by SailorPaul

NetFlix buys all the DVDs outright. Copyright law says NetFlix can loan/rent those original disc out however and as many times as they want. The royalty fees are included in the purchase price of each DVD forever. Streaming in the other hand is a "whoa buddy" discussion w the studios -- must be negotiated. Then re-negotiated. Then....
It would be really interesting if Sprint could arrange their CDMA access alongside a US "roaming" GSM SIM card that would activate in poor CDMA coverage areas. However, there's a few blocks to a creative idea like that -- execs at AT&T and maybe some egos at Sprint. AT&T could always use the revenue (sarcasm)
It's not a component issue. CDMA access is controlled at the carrier network level ( there are no CDMA SIM cards and no such thing as an "unlocked CDMA phone".
Does anyone know the details of this "Find Family & Friends" feature -- can a parent turn this function on when giving any iOS 5 based iphone to a teenager AND lock the feature on so that the kids are unable to turn it off? Does it function on all 3GS, 4 and 4S model iPhones runing iOS5? This is a big feature for parents who's kids spend part of the time with an ex-spouse.
It's probably better to avoid posting drivel when you don't know what you are talking about.
as a person who doesn't want to carry around a spare car/motorcycle battery to power LTE use for an entire workday, have to say I'm thrilled.
At last, a carrier thinking outside their comfort zone. Nice marketing move.
If the projector mfgs were really smart, they would contract with Apple to include AirPlay in the projectors. After all, my Denon receever at home ALREADY does have airplay built in. Sweet !!!!!
Firefighters, police and paramedics all with 4G cell phones pressed to their ears, downloading Android medical apps that are trojans (to provide "protection") -- or googling "how to" because their training budgets were cut as part of poorly planned government downsizing...Actually, many ambulances do used cellular uplinks (gear in the ambulance) but nobody's been rushing to the speaker podium claiming those were too slow today.Verizon: "Wait, let me grab something out of...
Typical cellular lag is often 150- 300 ms, which is noticable, and I've seen 1300 ms on a couple of tests. BTW, 1300 ms is expressed as "Hey, where the f@@@ did it go? (reload)"