or Connect

Posts by SailorPaul

Firefighters, police and paramedics all with 4G cell phones pressed to their ears, downloading Android medical apps that are trojans (to provide "protection") -- or googling "how to" because their training budgets were cut as part of poorly planned government downsizing...Actually, many ambulances do used cellular uplinks (gear in the ambulance) but nobody's been rushing to the speaker podium claiming those were too slow today.Verizon: "Wait, let me grab something out of...
Typical cellular lag is often 150- 300 ms, which is noticable, and I've seen 1300 ms on a couple of tests. BTW, 1300 ms is expressed as "Hey, where the f@@@ did it go? (reload)"
The other issue is going to be joint or family use of the same iTunes account tied to Dad or Mom's credit card. Where does the risqué photo snapped by one almost-launched adult (say middle of college) offspring get synced via iCloud? Just to that almost-launched offsprings laptop? OR, also to Mom, Dad and three siblings computers as well? Just askin'.......
There is more than one likely reason for the event invitation to have the red numeral "1" on the page. It may just as easily imply that scenario that "Apple placed a phone call... which you missed" and so here's your written invitation to back up the missed call.
Another analyst who doesn't have a real clue about marketing and how products really fill consumer needs. See my comment in the other thread about company's being willing to eat into their own existing market positions in order to introduce new products. The reality is that the Kindle Fire will serve to block adoption of some significant number of new iPads at the lower price points, and then with the purchase of non-apple apps continue to be a roadblock to adoption of...
One of the great marketing realities is that company's need to be willing to "eat their own children" (products). The posters who said the Fire will have an impact are correct -- it competes for the "tablet-is-easier-to-use-than-my-PC" space in the home. Once Amazon's movies, apps get entrenched then that household will be more likely to follow the upgrade to more expensive Amazon (modified Android) products as long as their app/media investments are preserved.The...
Fail. Four or more kids often present at home. Seldom do they want to watch the same thing (fender and age differences alone push them to did interests) No wonder old-fashioned media companies are getting swamped by the tidal wave of customer desires
"....but deep down in places they don't talk about at parties, they know they really just bought a copy. " +1. for identifying a key distinction between the customer's user experience on the platforms.
Read carefully people. The donated iPads are going to the teachers for use in the classroom. It's ok if your lips move as you read if that increases comprehension.
Quickster = New Coke = massive fail "Goodbye Netflix and goodbye Qwikster". Was a great quote earlier in the thread. Oh, lookie here.... I mis-spelled their new company name in my first sentence even after seeing it 30+ times. What they fail to understand is that I as a customer do NOT want: Two queues, Two logins Two websites, Two places to update for address, credit card... I was barely OK with the 60% price hike because I expected Netflix to go out and buy new &...