or Connect

Posts by OnlyShawn

Or you (like anyone who is the target audience for these analysts, and is essentially paying their salary) could decide whether it is valuable information to you, and act or not act on it.The people who stand to make a lot of money based on betting/investing using analysts' information are in a FAR better position to regulate what is out there by simply not demanding their information anymore than any bureaucrat could ever be.
Yeah, that's a big part of my comment about how learning economics shifts your anger from companies to government.
charlituna; we could get bogged down into disagreements about the definition of monopoly, but that's a nit to be picked. You're conflating large market share with monopoly. They're not the same, though they are in common parlance. Main issue, which you're agreeing with me on, is that a large market share need not necessarily be bad for consumers.
A few years ago, I would have been very worried about this merger, and would have been screaming about the near-monopoly that att would have; worried about the higher prices that they were going to charge us because they can. Then, I started reading economics, and ended up getting so interested in it that I got a masters degree in the subject. Now, I'm vastly less worried about companies' ability to just charge more "because they can", and vastly more worried about the...
While I'm happy that this happens to work out in consumers' favor, it's still sad that the Feds can tell a company what to do. Actual competition works so much better, and we don't even need to consider the long run.
::smile:: oh, the ignorance of history in that post is so quaint.
Dear Sir, Please learn some economics. This post could just as easily (and more accurately) be titled "Apple/Carrier's low prices and subsidies force Apple to require reservations for iPhone buyers." Move along, folks--this is not news. When price is artificially below demand price, people WILL find ways to pay and receive that surplus. In short, transactions will always happen at the actual price, whether that is paid in time, difficulty, or whatever.
this is more a result of the sticker price being too low--people are still paying the price, but they're doing so in time, which is just a waste.
please disperse this little econ 101 tidbit to tv execs: Demand: STILL sloping downwards.
[/center] tags are necessary in the original post, btw.