or Connect

Posts by Planet Blue

What on earth are you talking about? I just tried all of these on Google Now and they were ALL answered aloud perfectly. Google Now is twice as fast as Siri since it does the speech recognition in-app as opposed to sending it to servers. It's also decidedly more accurate, and the voice responses are dramatically more natural. To me, it's really the only killer Android feature. Having it on my iPhone 5S makes me quite happy. Also, having my flight information automatically...
  Could you point to where Apple tells users to charge a brand new iPhone out of the box or risk permanent battery problems? And where they tell iPhone users to not let the phone stay on overnight?   For the third point, you are completely missing the context of the 100-0% charge. From the Apple webpage you gave: "If you don’t use your device often, be sure to complete a charge cycle at least once a month." In addition, like I said previously, charging down to dead empty...
  Apple's battery page basically details why Li-On is the best choice for mobile devices. The only real instruction they give is to use it once a month - the rest of the page describes how Li-On is pretty maintenance-free (which is true). Same with the iPhone battery page.   Not charging it fully out of the box has a minimal impact on the battery over its lifetime.   Letting phones sleep for long periods isn't an issue - Apple designed their portable devices to sleep...
  What is the proper way to treat an iPhone battery, in your opinion, and how does that differ from what you believe the majority of iPhone users do?
I'm actually amazed. Google used to turn out functional, but not beautiful or intuitive, apps. Along with the new Gmail app, Google is knocking it out of the park lately. Great typography, simple user interfaces, and an excellent feature set.   The Google Maps app is fantastic. Vector maps, turn by turn, sync with my search history, easy input of home and work address, public transportation directions, super fast rendering, tapping on the map to quickly determine...
Having major problems here (iPhone 4, iOS6). Wifi just won't stay connected and it keeps reverting to cellular data. Really, really frustrating. Update: I've tried restarting my phone and resetting network settings so far. Neither have worked. Trying the disable-cellular-data trick now. I think there are two separate wifi issues here. One dealing with verification (reportedly fixed) and another dealing with maintaining the wifi connection (not fixed). Hopefully this is...
Smallest OS X update ever? I can't remember one weighing in at less than 7.5MB.
  [citation needed]
Apple needs to address this immediately.   Also, I'd like to warn anyone against shutting off Find My Phone or Mac. It's an incredibly effective tool if one of your Apple products is lost or stolen. I recently had my MacBook Pro stolen and was able to see the residence it was being used in. Police got it back within 48 hours. To me, this is much more valuable then the off chance someone decides to single you out for a hacking attempt via iCloud. A remote erase -...
I love Jobs' point about people not needing that many social networks. So true, and probably a big reason why Google+ has thus far failed to really catch on - people don't see a clear reason for switching from Facebook. Love it or hate it, Facebook does social networking exceptionally well. It will be a long time before another competitor knocks it from the top.