or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

Was there ever any doubt that Apple wouldn't cave in immediately to assuage the Brazilian government? Once somebody made a stink about the Bitcoin app it was pulled instantly. Just as they have done numerous times Apple will do all it can to avoid standing up for peoples rights. They weren't doing anything regarding government spying until Edward Snowden brought the light of day on NSA activities regarding phones. THEN Apple put its finger in the wind and decided to go...
Visiting Curacao is going to be a tax deductible trip for all of the top executives. They will build or buy a big vacation palace for all of the executives. Apple will host huge parties and use the palace to schmooze with government officials from all around the world. Apple will fly corporate executives of other companies with which they want to do business and pay for the whole trip. This will become the destination spot for anybody wanting to do business with...
Regarding privacy. How many of you logged into this web site did so using TAILS (the amnesiac incognito live system)? Just by logging in even using TAILS you have identified yourself in some way.    Chromebooks are great tools. Using one doesn't necessarily mean all of your life will be exposed to Google. You don't need to use their e-mail service. You don't need to use their online word processors or other services. You can use others. The thing is, you will be...
I wouldn't bet on that one. In 2007 I wanted a new Mini. It was a year and nine months between refreshes. I couldn't wait any longer so in September 2008 I bought a Mac Book. The tech in the Mini at the time was getting old and I didn't want that. So I went for a Mac Book with better components for just a little more than the top of the line Mini at the time. To this day I still would have preferred a Mini. 
I wish it would go to trial so that we all could learn the full truth. We would learn the motivations and the claimed reasons for this happening. When such cases settle it just sweeps the truth under the rug to remain hidden so the guilty parties don't get tainted.
Chromebooks are just better for students that need to type. Curriculums exist for all grade levels. Schools just need to approve them and use them. of course they also must pay for them. They exist for iPads and Chromebooks. Chromebooks keep the information in the cloud. Some Chromebooks have touch screens and in time they will have the same capabilities as iPads or other tablets. For now the touch features only allow selecting links and swiping or scrolling.    Without...
Last year I listened to a tech guy who is familiar with much of the things done by the covert spy agencies of the USA. He said that for more than a decade these alphabet agencies have been using programmed hardware bits installed in computers to have full access to them. This included iPhones. They grab devices before or after they are sold to certain people and install the bug. Unless somebody opened up the machines and had full knowledge of what belonged on those mother...
Firefox for phones, Ubuntu for phones, and more GNU/Linux OSs. will function just fine in the Kremlin and China. It will just take a while for enough manufacturers to adopt their systems. This will give a leg up for Android.   If Apple wants to survive in those nations it had better become an open source provider. Why shouldn't it? Apple makes money on hardware right? That is what is always said here so often. If India ever has the same concerns Apple will make their...
It is time for companies to honor their obligations or get fined. Companies should not be allowed to alter the terms of service whenever they want but not allow users to alter the terms of service regarding the cell phone carriers. This is a good sign that the FCC is leaning toward Net Neutrality.
In 2007 I started watching Apple for Mac Mini updates. It didn't happen until late 2008. Every refresh of the Mini has been disappointing. When the form factor change happened it was interesting but the chips were still only coming up to match what other manufacturers already had out for many months. If history repeats it will be the same way again. Though it is time for the Thumderbolt 2 connector to make its debut in the Mini. Will they put a quad-core chip in the base...