or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

If the brand is already known then puffing up the brand is a waste of time. Getting more products known and sold is the goal. The designed in California ad is just stupid.  
The 1984 ad was definitely memorable but it totally blew it when conveying anything about computers. This new ad about things being designed in California is similar with less impact. The focus of the ads are on the people and not much on the devices. I can see people using computers of all types anywhere, even in ads not about computers or phones. If Apple wants to sell things then those items must be featured directly with people getting results from using the devices....
People are more likely to buy what they want. Buying things is an emotional decision when work isn't part of the equation. If people can't get what they want then they are less likely to buy a product.   The iPod Touch is way overpriced for what you get.   If Apple created a lossless codec that totally reproduced the full range of analog recordings they could resell their entire iTunes library to people who want the best experience. That would bring in billions of...
You've hit the nail on the head. Apple makes great software only so that it can sell hardware. It has forsaken iWork. Why don't they recognize that if they would make iWork better in functionality than Office they would cause a huge shift in office productivity and grab a much larger share of the enterprise market? They already are grabbing the tablet market and phone markets from that sector. It would behoove them to make a killer office suite so that businesses would...
Items priced out of the market won't ever be adopted widely. USB 3 might be all that anybody needs until USB 4.   Thunderbolt requires chips in the cables. When cables fail due to the wires losing connection with the chips, Thunderbolt will get a reputation as more expensive than it is worth. If Intel wants Thunderbolt to succeed it had better let others play with it or it will just die on the vine.
Wizard69 I understand many of your points. Virtual machines are a good idea on a fast computer.   I started off wanting a Mini. Apple took so long to update it that I gave up and bought a Mac Book. I plug it into an external monitor. For a while I used a dual screen mode. Eventually I just enjoyed one larger new screen.   As far as the iPads. I don't really need to be mobile with my computer thus having a touch interface on the go wasn't very compelling. My next...
When the iPad came out I was excited about it. I played with one and that enthusiasm faded. I still liked it but the interface wasn't impressive enough for me to buy one. Since I'm not wealthy enough to just plop down money for the next expensive toy to come out I must consider the best bang for my buck.   The latest versions of OSX aren't impressive to me. They definitely are better than the Windows 7&8 OSs but not more impressive than Open SUSE or Ubuntu. I'm still...
Thirty years ago Sony meant something in the audio equipment world. It is interesting that it is rare for me to see any dedicated audio equipment in anybodies house these days. I've got an old receiver and power amp that I never use. All of my audio comes from quality computer speakers. Anything bigger would be too loud in my apartment. Wal-Mart doesn't sell Sony TVs anymore. That must hurt. Alfiejr has it right, except for the publicly traded part not being for sale. The...
  Apple isn't my religion the way it is yours. It is a company that makes products they want me to buy. When I see other companies making similar or better products for the same or less money I'm open to buying them. When other companies sell newer designs with current year technology I'll go for those over the older stuff Apple sells. I'm not a Windows guy. I like a couple of flavors of Linux, so the crappy Windows OS doesn't play into my purchasing decisions.   Apple...
Fairtax.org Nobody pays taxes until they purchase something at retail. No businesses pay taxes either. Nobody below the poverty line pays any taxes. The actual rates go down for most people with this plan. The only people who pay 3% more with the transition are people between 56 and 65 years old. They lose out on the transition period for a few years. This plan lets people save more money faster due to income not being taxed. This plan entices foreign companies to bring...