or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

We need some super programmers or perhaps the device manufacturers, to create a way to instantly wipe the communication and data logs from portable devices. If it just left all of the programs or aps in place without any location data or messages then it would be saving us from big brother. All of us need this protection whether we know it or not. With enough data from enough people, statistical information can predict our every move. This is profiling on the highest...
It is time for carriers to just sell their phones with a lease or finance contract. If someone leaves them then the phone user must fulfill the contract by paying the full principle or residual value of the phone. They must stop saying the phone is discounted and the user will owe nothing if they stay in their contract for two years or whatever. A simple contract like this will do the exact same thing the carriers want. They just won't be able to say their phones are free...
Thanks for quoting me before my post was deleted, (though it isn't showing up in this quote). I wish you had quoted the whole thing so others could see that I'm very disappointed with the way Apple is headed. They've become an entertainment device company instead of a leading edge computer company.   I also said the only thing they have left to create is a game console to complete their shift from computer company to entertainment device company.
Samsung will overtake Apple in the long run because it doesn't restrict what the phone owners can do with them. When jailbreaking iPhones, iPods, and iPads no longer voids warranties then Apple will grow faster.   Of course Samsung could screw up in a big way when they introduce their own proprietary OS for phones. If it is too buggy Apple will destroy them.  
This is something I really want to own.
My first HP printer that came with an HP computer worked for very few pages. HP gave me a credit and a new machine. It is a 4400 series. It gulps ink. It is a good thing that I don't print many pages.   The scanner is just crappy. It says it is a 4800 dpi resolution. To scan anything at that high resolution takes a half an hour. Then it looks like crap on the screen. Adjusting parameters doesn't fix very much.   I think I just want a high quality scanner that can...
Have any new super chips been released lately that Apple would put into a new Mac Pro?   Does anybody think that Apple's chip design company they bought a couple of years ago is now up to creating a super chip for the Mac Pro?  
I like Opera's features. Unfortunately they don't work well all of the time. I use Firefox because it syncs between OS X, Ubuntu, and Windows. I like Dropbox for the same reason. Safari is fast but lacks features compared to others. The Opera browser ALWAYS messes up videos and it renders pages in different, unpleasant ways. It's turbo feature doesn't work well for me. Some people on forums love Opera. To me it's just buggy. I hope they get the mobile version right. Then...
Go to Webinar uses Java. Since 2010 I haven't been able to attend presentations of companies that use that software. It has been frustrating. They also don't support Linux so I'm screwed unless I open Windows. I almost never open Windows.
The section of the poll that asked if PC users were interested in upgrading to Windows 8 indeed had a very low number. That was separate from the question about whether they were planning to get a new computer.   It didn't say nearly one third of respondents were planning on getting an Apple product. Only sixteen percent of the people in the poll said they were planning to buy a new computer, of that sixteen percent, thirty percent said they wanted an iPad and twelve...