or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

As long as Apple is putting laptop drives into their iMacs I won't be interested in them.   I think the desktop business will be almost dead before Apple has a chance to be the sales leader in it. The smart phones and tablets are increasing in capabilities so fast that desktops won't be needed for office work. I had hoped to see the day when Microsoft was kaput and Apple ruled the office. It might happen but with portable devices instead of desktop...
What is it about the tablet experience that makes you realize you prefer a laptop? Would you still prefer reading books on a laptop?   For $350 there are netbooks that are more powerful than tablets but they weigh a lot more. A used netbook that is a couple of years old would still outperform any tablet. Do you feel that tablets are just underpowered?   From what I've read many people are giving up laptops for tablets. Do you think this trend will reverse once most people...
I just want a small tablet with a card reader. To me that is the only thing missing from the Nexus 7. I like the screen size. Having a higher resolution would be good but not necessary for me.
So basically the phones just need the right app to accomplish the things you're talking about. Bluetooth keyboards exist for iOS and Android phones and tablets. With the ability to plug into larger monitors, phones and tablets can become our computers, thus replacing conventional desk top machines.   Stores already have apps for inventory. Even Apple is using point of sale apps for their stores. Sales contact software for phones already exists. Cloud sharing of documents...
Word processing; spread sheets, e-mail, presentations, accounting, and document storage are mainly what goes on in offices. Any smart phone made today could do those tasks very easily with the processors in them. Photo editing to some degree and even video editing are now done on smart phones and tablets. The computer chip in your smart phone is more powerful than numerous computers put together that ran the USA's space program in the 1960s. How is it that you can't...
Apple doesn't want a file system or external card reader because it forces users to purchase larger capacity models.   An iPad with 16 GB would be enough to hold numerous programs and a card reader would allow people to store data conveniently. Apple could just have one size with or without cellular connectivity. Doing that would make less profit on the high capacity models but I think it would generate more sales over all. A file system would need to be created too. Are...
It's too early to gauge how well the large phones will fill out the market. As these devices become more powerful I think many people will just have a large mobile phone instead of a tablet and phone. When all phones can be put into a dock and run an HD monitor for watching movies and doing office work, the laptop will be less popular and so will the desktop. We're just a few years away from smart phones completely replacing our regular work stations and laptops. I'm sure...
  Here are just two stories about it.   http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12/13/apple_loses_patent_case/ http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-07/apple-told-to-pay-368-2-million-to-virnetx-in-patent-trial-1-.html  
Samsung makes great products but their betrayal is just wrong. They deserve what they get.   Let's not forget that Apple has been sued many times for patent infringement. They have lost many suits. So Apple isn't a shining example of integrity either.
So Apple has a new A6 laptop running iOS complements of Belkin.