or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

It's a great time for Firefox OS to debut. Ubuntu for phones and tablets is near too. This malicious code must be from the NSA. Who else would create such an application?
Apple Insider; if you're going to link to videos you should be sure the videos on those pages work. The ad was not funny to me. Perhaps there is a cultural meme in the ad that is not understood by Americans. I understood the premise of the ad just not the humor.
This type of education is nearly ideal. It allows everybody to learn at their own pace. The smart children will zoom through the courses with better understanding. They won't be held back by the needs of the others. The slow children will be able to grasp the material fully because they aren't being rushed through it. The quality of the lessons and the way they are presented will be a huge factor in whether they are effective. The main piece of the learning puzzle will...
In another thread about this ad I was chastised because I said the ad was really bad and pointless. Now a testing agency finds that it tests far below average. So to those of you who claimed you knew better than me, it seems you really don't know about writing advertising copy or creating effective video advertisements. Your clients must not come back for repeat business or perhaps they don't know that you aren't making effective ads for them. I'm in the internet...
There must be tens of thousands of people who own Microsoft stock. When will they get a clue that this company isn't being run very well?   Even if Ballmer is the blame for the way the company is managed, getting rid of him won't get rid of the software problems. Engineers made that stuff and for whatever reason they can't find a way to make their OS easy to use and coherent. A friend of mine is regularly frustrated that her old XP machine and her Windows 7 machine...
Yes. Look at how well the Chinese people are doing at Foxcon without a union.
What else is it about then? No products were talked about or promoted. Slow motion images of people using computer products were shown as a calm soothing voice talked about life and how Apple makes things to give a good experience. Then the line "Designed by Apple in California" appears. This ad is promoting Apple not a product. Ultimately Apple sells products. Maybe they hope people will see this and buy some Apple stock. If they're selling Apple then that's the way to...
Are you just dense? I said "If Apple wants to sell things then those items must be featured directly with people getting results from using the devices."   Showing people sitting around looking at computer products without explaining benefits of having them is very vague. It doesn't give a compelling reason to buy the item.   The old Get A Mac ads with PC and Mac always had the Mac explaining exactly why Macs worked better than PCs and always showed why PCs didn't work...
If the brand is already known then puffing up the brand is a waste of time. Getting more products known and sold is the goal. The designed in California ad is just stupid.  
The 1984 ad was definitely memorable but it totally blew it when conveying anything about computers. This new ad about things being designed in California is similar with less impact. The focus of the ads are on the people and not much on the devices. I can see people using computers of all types anywhere, even in ads not about computers or phones. If Apple wants to sell things then those items must be featured directly with people getting results from using the devices....