or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

Yahoo's Flickr will give you 1000 Gigabytes of FREE photo and video storage. Yep! The predominant data usage for me is images. I would guess that I have about twenty gigabytes of text files. I've got at least sixty gigabytes of movies and TV shows, very few of which I really want to keep permanently. If I were a professional photographer or movie maker I could understand why so much storage would be needed. My little one man marketing business requires images for products...
The US companies that have foreign manufacturing had better move it back to the USA soon or they will be in a world of hurt. The Russian Federation is already now accepting payment for its oil and gas in Rubles. The Chinese are doing deals with Iran and Russia to buy fuel. If they switch to using another currency than the dollar then the dollar will no longer be the worlds reserve currency. All OPEC needs to do is accept other currencies and the value of the dollar will...
Holy cow. You are a super duper speed reader. You read all of that in just five minutes.
 Read a little. Learn something you didn't know about. Then get back to us.  http://www.bioinitiative.org/ http://emfsafetynetwork.org/wireless-devices-potential-cancer-risk-says-world-health-organization/ http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/news/20050207_israel.pdf
There is already evidence that high frequency radio waves in close proximity to the human body cause biological disruption. In Europe it is already recommended that children twelve years old and younger not use cell phones beside their heads. In not too many years the effects will have been studied enough to prove that all wireless home electronics cause harm to us.   I believe the electronics industry will continue to fight this knowledge getting out for fear of losing...
In 2008 I waited six months for a new Mini. The current model was already a year old when I entered the market. Everybody on the forums kept saying that it would be any day because it had already been so long. My XP machine just flat out died and I couldn't wait for a Mini to materialize so I bought something else with newer processors than Apple was putting in their Minis. When October rolled around a new Mini became available. It wasn't impressive. It was back then that...
What do you think is the smallest computer monitor for a desktop that would sell? Ten years ago 15" monitors were commonplace. The smallest one Dell sells these days is 19". 
Which architecture has the best potential to run fast, ARM or x86? Are there things about ARM that make it better other than using less power? 
Samsung has been selling Chromebooks using the Exynos Octo chips for a while. It is an ARM chip. Such a design can be faster or slower than an Intel chip depending on the use of it. If a dual core Intel chip is pushed by the user opening many tabs and running several processes simultaneously the machine will get slower. If the eight core Exynos chip is running with multiple tabs and processes it can perform better than a 1.4 Celeron dual core Intel chip. The dual core...
Apple needs to do better. Once the problem is known the company should from that moment on implement a policy that fixes this problem for all customers. Instead it seems that they haven't issued a company wide notice about this known problem and how to handle it. They let each store take their customers down this path where they must pay money and jump through hoops to get their machines functioning properly. That isn't fair or right.    Apple is doing exactly the same...