or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

The networks are just trying to squeeze more money out of something that they really have no business doing. Why? Aereo rebroadcasts the advertisements along with the programs. Aereo was doing the networks a favor by increasing the reach of their advertisers. They were helping the networks to earn more money. With Aereo shut down millions of ads won't be seen.   Netflix and Hulu are creating their own content that is not broadcast. This is a big trend that will grow....
Apple is not holding these festivals to lose money. They are calculated to earn them plenty of money and you can bet it does.   These musicians are providing value to Apple and helping Apple to earn that money. If they have contracts that guarantee them a certain income due to music sales above their usual sales before the concert, then that might be a good deal for each performer. If not then the bands are being conned into gambling with their actual value.   When I...
It is true that an i5 dual core 1.4 GHz chip is better than a 1.4 GHz dual core Celeron. Exactly how are people using 1.4 GHz i5 machines? Do video editors choose the 1.4 GHz models? Do audio producers want these all in one dual core machines? If so then Apple is making something worthwhile to such people.    If the people who buy the low end iMac are just using it for e-mail, surfing the web, shopping, making video calls, watching movies, and doing basic office work,...
LG now sells a Chromebase (all in one) with a 1.4 GHz Haswell Celeron for $349. http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-Chromebase-22CV241-W   It's not the most awesome machine but I would buy it over the iMac day in and day out. If Apple is going to make a low spec machine then they had better consider how other low spec machines are priced. For e-mail, web surfing, shopping, video chats, and simple office work there is no need to buy any Apple machine priced so high.    The...
No way at $1099. Maybe at $899. Priced at $799 with a quad-core i5, non-Mac users would be tempted to take a look, if they even knew about it. Since Apple doesn't really advertise much how will anybody hear about it?    Mavericks and Yosemite are really the only reasons anybody would want to buy an Apple computer over a Windoz box. Apple has failed in a gigantic way to capitalize on the failure of Windoz 8. The old Get A Mac campaign was brilliant. It made people think....
Yahoo's Flickr will give you 1000 Gigabytes of FREE photo and video storage. Yep! The predominant data usage for me is images. I would guess that I have about twenty gigabytes of text files. I've got at least sixty gigabytes of movies and TV shows, very few of which I really want to keep permanently. If I were a professional photographer or movie maker I could understand why so much storage would be needed. My little one man marketing business requires images for products...
The US companies that have foreign manufacturing had better move it back to the USA soon or they will be in a world of hurt. The Russian Federation is already now accepting payment for its oil and gas in Rubles. The Chinese are doing deals with Iran and Russia to buy fuel. If they switch to using another currency than the dollar then the dollar will no longer be the worlds reserve currency. All OPEC needs to do is accept other currencies and the value of the dollar will...
Holy cow. You are a super duper speed reader. You read all of that in just five minutes.
 Read a little. Learn something you didn't know about. Then get back to us.  http://www.bioinitiative.org/ http://emfsafetynetwork.org/wireless-devices-potential-cancer-risk-says-world-health-organization/ http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/news/20050207_israel.pdf
There is already evidence that high frequency radio waves in close proximity to the human body cause biological disruption. In Europe it is already recommended that children twelve years old and younger not use cell phones beside their heads. In not too many years the effects will have been studied enough to prove that all wireless home electronics cause harm to us.   I believe the electronics industry will continue to fight this knowledge getting out for fear of losing...