or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

To me the story wasn't clear regarding modems as wireless devices. Are all ISPs now including wireless connectivity? Mine has for years. My ISP modems only last about a year or so. If others are having the same longevity problems then that must be millions of new modems needed each year. I've read a report from somebody who is on his third Palm Pre because they just fail after about eight months. He keeps getting them replaced under warranty. His salesman said it is a...
It's amazing how some group of people who know how to create games are becoming wealthy. For every successful game made there must be hundreds that just didn't catch on. It's like they're the new rock stars because they had a hit. They had better cash out now while the product is hot. If they wait too long something else will take the place of Angry Birds and their value will plummet.
If the hardware is good on the HP then is the only problem with the software? Sure a plastic case isn't as good as metal but the insides are what count. Does the touch screen work well and look good? If it does and the internals are made of quality parts the the Touchpad will be a great device once the software is improved.
A new Italian sports car made by Lamborghini will have part of the chassis and body made from a new process to create carbon fiber parts. The parts will be injection molded instead of laying up layers of weave on top of one another and adding resin to bond them. This process could be utilized by laptop makers to quickly create very strong shells for their computers and not need milling machines. It would be much faster to make parts using injection molding technology...
If Intel wants to create an Ultrabook with similar dimensions and specifications to Apple notebooks and can't do it with a similar price, it has a choice. It can choose to create notebooks with Linux. It isn't free for manufacturers but it is way cheaper than Windows. Doing this would make the Ultrabooks price competitive with the Apple notebooks. Imagine Intel being the impetus for Linux to take off. The number of developers that would flock to it would be amazing....
All companies that want to stay in business do market research. So does Apple. There is a feedback page for every Apple product. Bugs can be reported and there is also a feature request on the drop down menus of each page. When I say smaller phone I mean something like the HP Veer. Thinner doesn't seem smaller to me. http://www.webosroundup.com/2011/05/...-video-review/Making a phone slimmer is OK but not as impressive as making it smaller in all dimensions. Who wants to...
I think this "design based" term is silly. Companies manufacture things they believe people want because they will sell more of them. If having a bigger screen is desirable for the majority of the public then that is what a company will manufacture. People don't line up around the block to buy something that they don't want. If somebody put a 4" screen phone beside a 3.5" screen with equal pixel density and asked people to choose which screen was easier to use and view,...
Apple will produce three TVs. The sizes will be 45", 32", and 27". They will be announced in the first week of September 2011. How do I know? I just gave it some thought and looked into my crystal ball. I don't care if I'm wrong. I don't watch TV on a TV set. I watch everything from my 23" 1920 X 1080 resolution Dell monitor and my computer connected to the internet. My screen is plenty big for me and it only uses 33 watts of power. The computer uses 85 watts at its...
Yes Apple. Please continue to make your post PC devices as stand alone units. The freer we are from PCs the better. I'm buying the next version of the iPod Touch and I'm wondering if I can make an Apple TV and the iPod Touch my new computer system. Does anybody know how this could work? Please tell me. There are no Apple stores in rural America so I'm only able to learn about such things via web forums. In the past the only thing I did on my Mac that couldn't be...
Why do successful stores feel the need to reconfigure their appearances? I can understand changing things around if doing it gets more sales. Grocery stores have a specific layout no matter where you go. They've found a formula that works to get people to travel the maximum distance to get to the items that are most popular, thus ensuring other items have a chance to be seen and picked up. Wal-mart moves complete shelves around regularly so that it makes customers...