or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

This HP crash is a good lesson for Apple to learn about pricing. They will see just how fast items sell when the price is significantly lower. Apple won't drop prices below cost but they might change their mind about margins. In all things there is a point where dropping the price causes more sales that make up for the price drop in the overall profit scheme. It would be good for all of us if Apple decided to do this with their products. They would get more overall...
I think Russel Brand is a very funny guy and makes the ads very interesting. He did a great job demonstrating the features of the TouchPad. He made the TouchPad seem like a fun and useful thing to have. That was the whole point of the ads. I feel they were successful. Whether HP put them out there often enough to get traction was a different story.
What is going on at the HP site? I returned to it less than two hours after first looking for the new prices. They were there. The new page listed the Touchpads at $149 and $99. I scrolled down the page and clicked on the warranty page to learn if there was a limitation with this discontinued product. The warranty was a general one not specific to any one product. When I clicked back to the page with the Touchpads the prices were listed at $499 and $399! Does HP think...
I went to HP and all of their venders web sites. None of them have the $99 price listed yet. Midnight Mountain Time. I want one just for when somebody creates a Linux distribution for them. With this fire sale I'm sure the community will get into this one. If not Linux then Android will work for it one of these days.
The more privacy people have the better. Now why don't they create a feature in Safari that prevents all web beacons? I think all computers should not even have MAC addresses. There needs to be total privacy on the internet for users. As the US government and other governments constantly spy on us, we need more privacy not less. Even ISPs have been shown to track the habits of their customers.
They want to go into the software business? If that's the case then why did they keep Microsoft around so long? They just bought Palm. That was a software business. Why sell Palm with Web OS and hope that their new acquisition can become profitable? With some good work on the Web OS and hardware, HP could have and would have been a strong number two in the tablet business. I was counting on HP to become a tablet giant. Instead they've thrown in the towel early. This is...
I've heard of Boingo. It works OK for the people I know. My internet service provider gives me free WiFi access as part of my telephone service. When I move into an RV I'll sign up with Boingo if they still exist. Boingo didn't have a data cap. They just had a $9.95 per month charge. Skype will cost much more at six cents per minute. If Apple gets Facetime out there as an open standard then the Skype (Microsoft) service will just not be necessary. Will Microsoft use back...
Last week I learned that Microsoft Live offers 25 Gigabytes of free online storage. I investigated it. On their page there is no mention of the amount of storage. Finding the right buttons and getting it set up was incredibly difficult. Once I had my account set up I tried using it. That too was very difficult. I successfully uploaded a file to test it. It was tedious but it got done. The file won't open in a browser when the link is clicked. It must be downloaded. On top...
Apple should make this a six or seven story building to handle future expansion. Since they probably can't create anything higher than four stories above ground, they should create two or more underground levels all around the facility. They could keep all of the top secret stuff down there.
Dell's real problem was using Android and also relying on Microsoft. Dell should have turned to the Linux community to create a better software system. It would have been closer to iOS than Android. Programmers are already experimenting with Linux on tablets. Eventually there will be a good free OS that will work better than Android that can be installed on tablets. Once one of them takes off, Android will be in trouble if they don't fix their OS so it can be easily...