or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

Garage Band for iPod Touch That is what I want. If it takes the A5 chip to do it then great. Even if it could run on the A4 I'd still like it for the Touch model. When this happens the iPod Touch will become my portable computer. It can search the web, run iWork, do e-mail, create and edit movies, and do Facetime calls. That's all I do with my home computers. The iCloud will allow me to store my stuff and share it with my other computer. I'll sell the laptop and just...
The Redhat people would disagree. Business applications is what they do. Cannonical does the same. I only commented about how quickly my photos showed up using Ubuntu on a clearly inferior machine compared to a Mac Book that cost four times as much. I didn't specifically comment on any other operation. In a 2009 demonstration of the newest Mac Books with a new dedicated graphics chip and a faster buss speed, it showed how fast it processed images. The demonstrator...
Is OS X Lion bloated? On another forum I visit we were discussing different Linux distributions and some more experienced Mac users think the Mac software is becoming a bit bloated. It isn't a lightning fast OS compared to some Linux distributions. I suppose it all depends on the point of view of the user. Is an app store really needed? Why not just continue to acquire programs the same way as before? This adds another layer of stuff to the OS. Is communicating with...
What about the iPod Touch? Will it get an A5? I want to hear a reported rumor about that. I've read that usually it gets the same processor as the iPhones. Has that always been the case?
What screen sizes would make it worth while for Apple to build a TV? The cheapest thing Apple sells is a single music download. I've read that the sole purpose of iTunes was to sell hardware. The iPod Shuffle is really inexpensive compared to computers. How much money does Apple earn with those? If Apple earns a profit with Apple TV boxes now, how much more would they earn if they re-badged a commercial TV set with built in Apple TV? There is a lot more labor and...
How long will it be before Facebook produces its own phone? It would be the ultimate internet control device for Facebook. I would think that Facebook would be cozying up to Google because of the Chromebook. The Chromebook is totally about the internet and apps. It just screams Facebook generation. If Apple and Samsung can work together while at the same time they're suing each other, then Facebook and Google could probably make some kind of deal for Facebook to...
Will the iPod Touch get the A5 this fall? I hope so. I also hope Apple makes Garage Band for the iPod Touch this year. It's powerful enough to do it now. The A5 would make it even better.
I wish that more people would write paid programs for Linux. Sure I like free the most, but I'd love to have something easy and super capable in the movie editing area. IMovie is easy to use and very good. It doesn't work on Linux. The same thing goes for image storage and manipulation. I don't like iPhoto too much but it is capable of some image editing. Aperture is probably better. I haven't bought it because I don't edit images that often. I like the VLC movie...
How much CPU power is necessary for voice recognition and voice commands? Will such software dominate the usage of the CPU? I wouldn't want it if it slowed my computer/iPod Touch/iPad/iPhone too much. Would you?
Let MS try manufacturing its own things the way Apple does (or doesn't depending on if you count contracting with others to do the work). Is it even possible for MS to drop their OS and create something new? HP is moving in the direction of being independent of MS. I hope it succeeds in dumping MS. I wish Dell would adopt a Linux distribution for their products (HP too). That way users could have a better computing experience without the crap that comes along with MS....