or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

I understand the crap the digital techno guys spread. I trust the opinions of the musicians who have compared the Pono to other digital music players. I'll side with them. They get to hear the master tracks that they create. When they say that Pono is better quality than other formats they've heard I believe them. I've seen the video technical explanations about how humans can't tell the difference because of certain parameters and how the rounding of the steps between...
I'm looking forward to experiencing music from the Pono music player. It will be better quality than this alleged Mastered for iTunes product. Pono will use FLAC files and be capable of using other industry standard files of lesser quality. I doubt any process will be as good as original vinyl recordings on a good system but Pono will certainly be the top of the line standard for a while to come. They will debut in the summer of 2014.
Half of Japan is radioactive. I wouldn't buy anything there that I couldn't quickly move offshore. Since patents and designs can be easily moved Apple should keep everything up to date and in the USA. If they needed to they could duplicate the hardware in the USA.   According to several scientists if there is another explosion at the Fukushima plant while they are repositioning the spent fuel rods and the unused fuel rods (which is estimated to take almost three years...
If I were a software engineer I would love to be courted by companies who wanted my services. As a person with some skills (no matter what they are) I sell my work for money. I work to get money to live my life. I don't live to support some conglomerate and their profits. Any agreement a company made to stifle my life and my ability to earn money would be an act of aggression toward me. It would be a betrayal. If I worked for a company that I liked and they did all they...
I really would like to know why Apple or even Google aren't interested in creating an equal or superior office suite. If they did that they both would sell more products. This whole concept just blows my mind that they wouldn't do this. Apple had bootcamp but that was limited to only the people who would bother to buy a Microsux license and install it on a different machine. Google has just contracted to have an interface created so people can use Office on their...
The advantage is for the manufacturer. Apparently they don't believe Windoz is a strong enough reason for people to buy that product. They are adding Android because half of the people in the world could use it and will be familiar with it. If such a product could share files between OSes then that might make it interesting for some people. I can share files between my Mac and my HP running GNU/Linux which makes life easier.
This is old but it's a start for understanding how Windoz sort of works: "Why I Hate Microsoft" http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html .   I didn't write this but I've read the whole thing. Pick any chapter and start. You might read about how Microsux operated in the business world. I doubt that anything Google has done to date with hardware manufacturers would compare to this.
I owned Vista. Isn't that a good enough explanation? If Vista were a car it would have been recalled and junked. Since it wasn't a car, Microsux got to rip-off millions upon millions of people and waste years worth of productivity around the world. Microsux knew then and still knows about the flaws in their Windoz OS yet they continue to sell it as is. That is a criminal enterprise. It is deliberate. I refuse to give any more funds to that company or use their products,...
Apple does allow the use of Microsux Windoz on their machines with Bootcamp. Apple isn't designing a computer to be sold running Windoz. Windoz isn't included with the purchase of any Apple product. The user must purchase Windoz separately. There is a difference. What ASUS could do is offer a download of their version of Android to people who could then load it onto their machines as a dual boot. If they can make it work well then good for them.   Would ASUS be able to...
This is so stupid looking. I agree that it reminds me of the movie The Thing as it morphs into other things. I really hope that this isn't given final approval for creation. What would Jony Ive say about this? Tim Cooks taste is in his mouth.