or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

What the hell kind of attorney goes from an expected return of $90,000 per plaintiff to $3240? The attorneys will keep their fees and the plaintiffs will get $1600 each. What a waste of time when bad greedy attorneys screw their clients.
From the man himself:   http://youtu.be/j0L3LDabve8?t=1h36m40s   Starbird73 the story you mentioned was years after this presentation. It didn't stop Apple from releasing that information back in 2010.
Apple promised to make Facetime an open standard/open source program so that everybody could adopt it. I'm still waiting for it.
Instead of writing Apple's codex it should have been Apple's AAC codex. Sorry for that.
You're still being a turd SolipsismX. Go to the Ponomusic.com site and read about the music sources that will be used for the Pono approved files. The music player will have a special light that will appear on the screen when the highest resolution files are playing. 192 kHz/24 bit FLAC files are very different than Apples codex. The Astell & Kern AK 240 probably sounds awesome but how many people can spend $2500 for a portable music player? The Pono will cost $399. The...
I understand the crap the digital techno guys spread. I trust the opinions of the musicians who have compared the Pono to other digital music players. I'll side with them. They get to hear the master tracks that they create. When they say that Pono is better quality than other formats they've heard I believe them. I've seen the video technical explanations about how humans can't tell the difference because of certain parameters and how the rounding of the steps between...
I'm looking forward to experiencing music from the Pono music player. It will be better quality than this alleged Mastered for iTunes product. Pono will use FLAC files and be capable of using other industry standard files of lesser quality. I doubt any process will be as good as original vinyl recordings on a good system but Pono will certainly be the top of the line standard for a while to come. They will debut in the summer of 2014.
Half of Japan is radioactive. I wouldn't buy anything there that I couldn't quickly move offshore. Since patents and designs can be easily moved Apple should keep everything up to date and in the USA. If they needed to they could duplicate the hardware in the USA.   According to several scientists if there is another explosion at the Fukushima plant while they are repositioning the spent fuel rods and the unused fuel rods (which is estimated to take almost three years...
If I were a software engineer I would love to be courted by companies who wanted my services. As a person with some skills (no matter what they are) I sell my work for money. I work to get money to live my life. I don't live to support some conglomerate and their profits. Any agreement a company made to stifle my life and my ability to earn money would be an act of aggression toward me. It would be a betrayal. If I worked for a company that I liked and they did all they...
I really would like to know why Apple or even Google aren't interested in creating an equal or superior office suite. If they did that they both would sell more products. This whole concept just blows my mind that they wouldn't do this. Apple had bootcamp but that was limited to only the people who would bother to buy a Microsux license and install it on a different machine. Google has just contracted to have an interface created so people can use Office on their...