or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

Will Google now pay for use of this code in future products or will they abandon it and reconfigure Android? If they must pay a fee for every Android device in the future and they already aren't earning money from that hardware, would it even be economical to continue the Android project at all? Perhaps Samsung and others that manufacture the phones and tablets would be the ones to kick in the license fees for future usage.    Could Google fork the Chrome OS to make it...
I only use basic functionality of word processing programs and spreadsheets. Libreoffice works fine for me on my Mac and GNU/Linux boxes. I even use their presentation software sometimes. I'm not trying to impress people with moving colorful spinning objects when I give presentations. I show images and text and go from page to page with information. If I want to embed a video it can be done. Exactly how much better is Microsux Word compared to some of the free or even low...
Samsung and HP are selling Google Chromebooks using the Exynos chips. They work OK but they are definitely slower than the Intel Haswell chips. I would like to see what Apple could do with an A7 or A8 chip in a laptop machine. The big difference would be that OS X is much larger than Chrome OS.
What the hell kind of attorney goes from an expected return of $90,000 per plaintiff to $3240? The attorneys will keep their fees and the plaintiffs will get $1600 each. What a waste of time when bad greedy attorneys screw their clients.
From the man himself:   http://youtu.be/j0L3LDabve8?t=1h36m40s   Starbird73 the story you mentioned was years after this presentation. It didn't stop Apple from releasing that information back in 2010.
Apple promised to make Facetime an open standard/open source program so that everybody could adopt it. I'm still waiting for it.
Instead of writing Apple's codex it should have been Apple's AAC codex. Sorry for that.
You're still being a turd SolipsismX. Go to the Ponomusic.com site and read about the music sources that will be used for the Pono approved files. The music player will have a special light that will appear on the screen when the highest resolution files are playing. 192 kHz/24 bit FLAC files are very different than Apples codex. The Astell & Kern AK 240 probably sounds awesome but how many people can spend $2500 for a portable music player? The Pono will cost $399. The...
I understand the crap the digital techno guys spread. I trust the opinions of the musicians who have compared the Pono to other digital music players. I'll side with them. They get to hear the master tracks that they create. When they say that Pono is better quality than other formats they've heard I believe them. I've seen the video technical explanations about how humans can't tell the difference because of certain parameters and how the rounding of the steps between...
I'm looking forward to experiencing music from the Pono music player. It will be better quality than this alleged Mastered for iTunes product. Pono will use FLAC files and be capable of using other industry standard files of lesser quality. I doubt any process will be as good as original vinyl recordings on a good system but Pono will certainly be the top of the line standard for a while to come. They will debut in the summer of 2014.