or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

Guess what? Chrome OS apps are improving all of the time. Eventually they'll do things as good as native programs. Some already do. Chrome OS is based on Linux. There are numerous free programs for the Linux kernel. There will be just as many or more for Chrome OS in time. Chrome OS is bringing us back to the time when we used a powerful mainframe with numerous terminals. Only this time we have the terminals in our homes or anywhere there is a good internet connection. The...
Movies can be made on Chrombooks using cloud editors. Files and photos can be stored in the cloud. They can be edited there too. Office productivity can be done in the cloud. This puts the needed horsepower in the cloud therefore the device in hand doesn't need to be powerful. I've been wanting to buy one for almost a month. The model I want is always out of stock because it is so popular. It has a Haswell chip and 4 GB RAM.   Read the reviews of Chromebooks. The only...
The moral of this story is to buy a Motorola product if you prefer the freedom of Android and want updates delivered quickly.
You're a great fascist. Why must Apple and others sell items with such restrictive agreements? Think about it. How does it benefit them? All they have to do is give a warranty for the hardware and original software. They don't need to honor warranties for non-Apple software? They don't honor warranties for non-Apple software. So why is there this big need to control the users? Why must they dictate what we can do with our property? This is about controlling people. These...
The top sentence in this quotation says it all. I believe it is total BS too. Not the statement or it's truth, but the legal ramifications that go with it. When I bought my first computer and turned it on I read the license agreement for XP. It said I didn't own the software. This made me very angry. My $1200 just went into that system and here is a company telling me I don't own it. F___ That! When I buy a book, a car, or furniture I own it and can sell it and change it...
  And this means what to anyone? Particularly since “people” say the exact opposite.Dude you need to read a lot more in the forums and pay attention.  Then cowboy up. If you can’t hold a pound, your whining has no meaning. Never mind that, again, you have no basis for these claims."Dude you need to read a lot more in the forums and pay attention." Men aren't the only ones who buy iPads. Sure, five years after it’s first launched. Nice false premise, by the way.How is this...
I'm definitely for jailbreaking but not for piracy. People should be able to do whatever they want with a device they own. They shouldn't steal apps or other programs and services.
Criminal and unethical behavior can be outlawed but it can never be stopped. Nothing Evaisi0n or Apple does will prevent it in the long run. I'm still glad they try.
The high end market will never go away. It just might shrink a lot. Any laptop today is better than the computers used to guide astronauts to the moon. In time the lowliest netbook will have the features of today's Mac Book Pro. When that time comes what will we be needing such computers to do? What will we need a Mac Book Pro to do for us in 2025 that will require such super computing that can't be done on a Mac Book Pro of today? What type of movie editing will we be...
Are Chromebooks killing MacBook sales? http://blogs.computerworld.com/ultrabooks/23325/are-chromebooks-killing-macbook It is true that some older Chromebooks were junk. They're improving very fast. The Pixel has the best laptop screen in the world right now.Chrome OS improves all of the time. Apps are improving all of the time. Since they're in the cloud every Chromebook owner always has the latest version of the apps. Several people have reported that their original...