or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

I don't care how long Microsux has been around. They are irrelevant to me. They make junky clunky consumer software and that is that. I do believe Apple will continue to improve their software. They almost always do a good job. What I'm getting at is that other manufacturers are also making great things now. In the near future there will be tablets that do amazing things for much less than the price of a Apple device. As an example in computing I really don't need a ...
Look at the last category on the graph. It says Ultra-slim PC shipments. That number is going up. Are these things like the Mac Mini? ASUS has been making tiny XP machines for a while. HP just started selling a very small i7 equipped box that is perhaps as small as the Mini. It is for business customers only.   We've heard of Chromebooks for a while. Google also puts Chrome OS into desktop machines called Chromeboxes. ASUS will be offering one in March for only $179. It...
They don't count. They can only do good servers. Their consumer products have been crap since..... Well I can't say how long because I started with XP. I'm sure people who used their operating systems before that would be able to give a better opinion than I. It's funny. I don't even consider Microsux in any of my thoughts of future computing. They are irrelevant in my mind. They just don't figure into anything in the future.
This could be very bad news for Apple in the long run. With other manufacturers getting better at producing these things with better and better specifications and more operating systems getting better, it won't be long until there are other brands that are good enough. They won't be selling at the premium prices Apple demands. There is no doubt that Apple will improve their software when needed to remain a leader, but remember that they don't always lead. Remember how long...
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Apple has become a hypocritical company. They promote this ideal but don't actually follow this ideal.
Obviously to a Bitcoin user you don't understand how they work. Bitcoin should remain free and outside of governmental interference. The Federal Reserve must really hate it because it takes away their control. Bitcoins are every bit as real as electronic dollars. When you get your pay check is it real money? No. It is a slip of paper with numbers on it that must be given to a bank. If you have direct deposit from your employer is that real money? They just tell their bank...
Whatever happened to "Think Different"? I think Apple abandoned that a long time ago regarding the iPhone, iPod, and iPads by not allowing people to download and run whatever they want on the devices for which they paid. If you can't do what you want to do with the device you bought, then you really don't own it. Do you?   Apples new catch phrase is "Think Suppression".
How does one turn off and on Flash without removing it from the system? I know it is a plug-in for Firefox. I don't see where to just turn it off and on easily. I also use Chrome when Firefox is too slow.
This is disappointing. I had hoped that they would use Motorola to stabilize Android and create a killer phone. I guess they just didn't have it in them. This could be one step closer to them abandoning Android and focusing on Chrome OS. Maybe some of those patents are really worth the price they paid for Motorola.
How many people here miss the simplicity and speed of old computers? When I say speed I mean the speed with which they could accomplish a task. A long time ago these machines could do some tasks just as fast or even faster than a machine of today. This is only because they weren't running so many processes at once. One of those old machines would choke if it had to do anything graphical related to a current web browser, but give them a publishing task or spread sheet task...