or Connect

Posts by Smallwheels

I'm definitely for jailbreaking but not for piracy. People should be able to do whatever they want with a device they own. They shouldn't steal apps or other programs and services.
Criminal and unethical behavior can be outlawed but it can never be stopped. Nothing Evaisi0n or Apple does will prevent it in the long run. I'm still glad they try.
The high end market will never go away. It just might shrink a lot. Any laptop today is better than the computers used to guide astronauts to the moon. In time the lowliest netbook will have the features of today's Mac Book Pro. When that time comes what will we be needing such computers to do? What will we need a Mac Book Pro to do for us in 2025 that will require such super computing that can't be done on a Mac Book Pro of today? What type of movie editing will we be...
Are Chromebooks killing MacBook sales? http://blogs.computerworld.com/ultrabooks/23325/are-chromebooks-killing-macbook It is true that some older Chromebooks were junk. They're improving very fast. The Pixel has the best laptop screen in the world right now.Chrome OS improves all of the time. Apps are improving all of the time. Since they're in the cloud every Chromebook owner always has the latest version of the apps. Several people have reported that their original...
People are already saying that the full size iPad is too heavy to hold for long. The new iPad Air is better but it still won't be comfortable for many people. So do you somehow believe that Apple can make a 12.9" iPad as light as an iPad Mini? If not then it will be heavier than even the iPad Air. That was just plain stupid of you to not think that a 12.9" tablet wouldn't be heavier than the current iPad. A laptop with a touch screen is similar to a tablet with an external...
My comment isn't about the original size iPad. It is about a 12.9" iPad. Such a size would be very heavy. It would even be bigger than an 11.6" netbook in width and height. I just went to the Acer web site. They are selling the C720P for only $269 for now. That is for a touch screen Chromebook with 2 GB RAM and a 32 GB SSD. The Haswell 1.4 GHz Celeron has proven to be faster than the last generation chip and a great power saver. The iPads only have one thing better than...
I have had limited experience with touch screen devices. The little I've had leaves me impressed on small devices. On something as big as 12.9 inches I would much rather have a Mac Book Air. A large tablet will be heavy. It probably will be used laying on a table or on one's lap. Holding something that heavy at arms length won't work for more than a couple of moments. If it is used on a stand then one might as well buy a touch screen laptop.   Acer has introduced the...
How can Microsucks sign this? Their Internet Explorer and Explorer are known to report everything that people do on their machines to the company. Maybe they just want to keep that information for themselves.   Any new law should require companies to disclose exactly the information that they store about their users and product buyers. The license agreements people accept and the terms of service that people accept are too vague. Companies should be required to say if...
What if they're using binoculars from their car? Is that any better because they are farther away?
Apple says one thing in their privacy statement and does another. If a peeping Tom looks at you through your window and does nothing to cause physical or financial harm to you is he committing a crime? According to this ruling the answer is no. Privacy has no actual financial value. Its value is in the intrinsic nature of your life. Is your life yours or is it for all of the public to see whether you like it or not? The peeping Tom in this case is the advertising...