or Connect

Posts by jj.yuan

Watches tend to work for very long time. Electronics tend to fail in a few years. I wish Apple will have some "core replacement" programs that can swap out old electronics with new ones, and preserve the watch perfectly. I think they can engineer such a solution from day one, and I look forward to seeing or hearing it reported by someone ...  
I wonder if gold price will go up and Apple gets the blame ...
Stiff cables can be very annoying. Fortunately, there are HDMI cables that are thin, soft, and cheap. I am curious if you would be willing to buy a new cable.
If you are a Nikon user, you should stay with Nikon. There are Nikon gears that can satisfy your needs ...  I used to own a Rebel T1x. Now, I have a 6D. I am just an amateur. I probably will never own a 5D or 1D. However, I needed high ISO to shoot in indoor dark scenes. The 6D satisfied my needs. I am sure a 5D or 1D can do better ...
They have a full line of high power lenses to support such super high resolution while smartphones don't have such a luxury.Besides, these cameras will have a relatively limited audience (landscaping, advertising, art, etc.). It's good for taking photos of stationary objects, and probably only good at it. The 5D Mark 4 will be the next big thing for sports, wildlife, etc., in the 5D line.
In the old Rebel, you don't have programs that perform optical correction, among other enhancements that are readily available in most modern cameras and smartphones. But, if you take RAW and perform those corrections, I think the picture from the old Rebel can still beat latest iPhone.
Given the size and quality of the lens, I think 8 MP is already too high.
I don't know iPad1 can updade to iOS6. I wonder how you can update it to iOS8. Any way, I have thought some more about the longevity issue. It's a mixed blessing/curse. On one hand, it slows new iPad sales. On the other hand, for people to upgrade, they can sell the old iPads easily, and each person who buys an old iPad would help expand iOS's reach by not buying a tablet from another platform. In a sense, old iPads choke other platforms. We see similar effects in the...
Unlike PCs, iPads last very long time. I also have a 1st gen iPad. If it doesn't break, I can't buy a new one.
I hope this app is worth half a billion dollars for them ...