or Connect

Posts by jj.yuan

Actually, being in the cloud meant something negative in my mind. After Outlook was moved into the cloud in my company, everyone complained that things became much slower than before. So, I expected a sluggish response when I visited Service Now's demo site. To my surprise, their site is very responsive.   I was commenting on the first impression of the application after I poked around their demo site for a while. The rich set of features compared much favorably with...
My company used to use ServiceCenter (Peregrine/HP). Now, it uses Tivoli (IBM). They aren't in the cloud.   From what I see in the demo, the Service-Now tool is quite good (better than either ServiceCenter or Tivoli). I wish my company is using this tool.
+1
Just curious. Are there private companies who make more profit than Apple?  
Only $50 for a speeding ticket in 1975 in CA? This is a bargain. It would cost at least $200 today, I believe. Maybe we make 4 times as much?  
It's a personal favorite for me. When RIM was at its peak, my daughter asked me to buy some of its stock and I refused, because I don't believe the physical keyboard can withstand the test of time. I believe the screen must be full size. Therefore, I believe a touch screen phone will overtake the smartphone market.
Naturally   I'd like to add that the DPI for a large display would be much smaller than what's in iPhone/iPad because our eye will be placed further out. I am curious how high the density need to be. Will 150 DPI be good enough?
I thought Google has planned to start charging a fee for the use of their map service. So, economically, it pays to stop using Google map. Of course, Apple will not go out without a big bang  
Somehow, I feel that Apple can invent a new name, register it everywhere, and ditch the iPad name. It will probably cost almost nothing.   I hate to cave into Proviews' outrageous demands. $16 is a fair price. If they don't want it, too bad. We move on.
  Plus, they stop the subsidy for 2 year renewal. So, there is only one way to go when my current 2-year contract is up ...