or Connect

Posts by TechNewb

post deleted.
Apple needs a product driven CEO, we have seen their buisness model with out one. Is Ive the only senior exec capable of the job? Cook has been great in the back seat, And should remain there. Look out for a Walmart style sell out of Apple, where profits are a more important capital than humans and innovation.Scary quote: how about a better phone sells more phones? A better mp3 player sells more mp3 players. A better OS sells more. A better design sells more. A better...
FCP X is still not a mature editing program, and FCP 7 is 32 bit, and nearing obsoletion. Making Premiere Pro CS5(.5) the ideal choice for many past FCP 7 editors, with the Nvidia Quadro 4000 graphics card, so that it can utilize graphics acceleration. Until graphics cards support external thunderbolt, I think it's wise for Apple to keep a tower config. Who cares if it's made of server parts, make a tower with high end tower parts, it doesn't have to be Xeons. Just add...
Magazines need to create content specifically for the iPad, and not just use InDesign to port it over. Wired's magazine was not that great, the files were HUGE, and the interactive features felt slugish. They need to create and stream more exclusive video content, have selectable text (not just a picture of text), and make an ecosystem of their brand. Until they do that, sales will continue to decline.
So the choice comes down to, SmartPhone vs portaPC. I'll take the SmartPhone made by Apple please. As I don't want to worry about viruses, hardware/software fragmentation, and unreliability.
It would be great if Apple gives you the choice to buy the Nvidia card during the MacPro configuring process in the Apple store. Who want's to buy a Mac Pro with a graphics card they are not going to use/want? I'm waiting to buy a Mac Pro for that specific reason... That and usb 3.0 or lightspeed. Sometimes technology can feel so slow...
Actually, as stated in my original post, I already noted that the iPhone was considered best in class, and this is partly because of the recent robotic line drawing tests. I also was comparing the iPad to a Wacom tablet, and wondering how it's touch sensitivity resolution would compare, and I'm not expecting it to. But it would be cool to use the iPad as a Wacom like tablet. The Wacom's intuos series has about 5080 lpi, and not one single pixel. Thus in what I was trying...
Yes, and his statement was wrong. Pixel density has absolutely nothing of what I was talking about.
I'm sorry, do you understand the difference between touch resolution and visual resolution?
Does anyone have an estimate of what the touch resolution of the iPad would be, or know what the touch resolution of the iPhone/iTouch are. I know that the touch resolution of the iPhone is the best in class, but I'm curious how the iPad compares to Wacom tablets in touch resolution. I don't think the iPad will have near the resolution of Wacom's Intuos line, but it would be a nice surprise if it did. I suspect that touch resolution will become just as important as...