or Connect

Posts by boeyc15

Well a couple of possible scenarios -1) Apple said they will need x amount of sapphire - here's $500 mill deposit (ie all the furnaces going like gang busters). Apple never came back with the big order.  So sorry!2) This company said they could produce x amount of sapphire for y amount, and cannot. So sorry! There is not information either way is there?
It is an interesting exercise, how in to predict the user base etc.   Personally IM(negative Nelly)O - Im thinking a lot lower.  Perhaps a couple million in first year (mainly curiosity seekers) and then a drop off. My un-informed completely asshat guess (hey I can be an analyst too) is more along the lines of Apple TV sales. Its not a main stream thing. Not everyone needs a 'smart' watch, let alone a watch. Has to be recharged every night, obsolete in a couple of...
From a 'corporate' point of view(that's what Im stuck with at work) -  increase boot time (windows is a dog to boot and shutdown), retina display type support (tired of these fuzzy screens, compared to my iphone, MBP etc). And don't allow McAfee to protect from the infinite antivirus etc (McAfee hogs/bogs the system).   Oh... get rid of that @#$%! ribbon interface... ugh. Yea  I know you can change back. Sounds like Microsoft finally has an adult in charge... probably...
Yup, understand, hopefully Apple does not fall for this hysteria. An optional response from them perhaps could have been a simple- we design phones for real world useage, not intentionally induced damage.Next thing ya know will have 'blend gate'. I put it in my blender and it chopped into tiny pieces.😱
Yup, or the bending moment would be greater on a 6+ for the same force, but longer moment arm. The 5s probably has a different cross section/ reinforcements etc that affects the bending also 5s. Which leads to did CR adjust the fulcrum length for the longer 6+. But the question still stands-does matter in real world use? After we all, we could drive m1 tanks to be safer too. What is the standard bending resistance ability that one should design for?
Because perhaps that 'less structural weakness ' makes no difference in real world usage. It's called design optimization and done in the real world all the time.It's simple, if Apple starts getting thousands of complaints, which they have not, then start to worry. Or if there was a hipster dufass dumbass phone in pocket universal bend standard that Apple failed to meet... Oh I give up.
Riddle me this Batman - Why doesn't Apple use lower case on their keyboard?
Yup, if ain't broke... And mine ain't broke!Really like the new Emoji's keyboard..🙈
Some guesses(I have no idea) - Airport baggage handlers, shipping company, Angry spouse... Or... 12 year old future engineer!😱
Hey are there any bright eye'd bushy tale engineering students out there that would like to take up a engineering statics problem. Some of the basics... I think, (if not, please be kind, it has been almost 35 years)-   To simulate a phone bending assume bending moment of a beam fulcrum at each end, force applied at center=Mmax at center=Pl/4 Assume P=100lbs L4s= 4.54 in   M= 113.5 in-lbs L5s=4.87   M= 121.5 L6=5.44    M = 136 L6+=6.22  M = 155.5 It appears a...