or Connect

Posts by boeyc15

IMO- Mixing in 'percentages' for perceived expectations can lead to unrealistic/unfair expectations. 'Oh they made 1 gazillion quadtrillion dollars.  oh yea well, but it was on 1%(only a buhzillion dollars) higher than last year... they are doomed. No pudding for you--- their operating margin went from 1% to 2% an 100% increase!'   Share holder value --- eye of the beholder defined term if there ever was one.
Well, for me, I hope they update the 5S to includes some of the goodies of the 6S. For my personal use the 4 inch screen (shoot Id be tempted to go back to 3.5 inch) is best; a larger phone/screen is too cumbersome... for my purposes(YMMV). (I do have 'the other guys' large screen phone for work, and for that purpose, larger is fine)
 Didn't someone once say great products and great user experience naturally bring high profits?
Guilty as charged! Go over to macrumours and they are out in force. Even on the FCPX ratings.That said, many people are 'me too- ers ' so it's great when Apple shows real world examples from top professionals.
I am no editor, but follow this dog fight with a morbid curiosity. So... just spouting based on what I read etc...   The rabid and ferocious comments on a lot of sites, supposedly FCP-7 users, would indicate FCP - X is 'still' crap(Im not so sure they have seen latest update etc). Sooo, I have the pop corn ready to follow the comments that are sure to follow in support or not of FCP - X.   BTW- I watched a video series on FCP-X and IMO (rank amateur that knows nothing...
[/quote] As noted by The Wall Street Journal, Apple's doubling up on Exxon is a rare event for publicly traded companies, one most recently witnessed by IBM 30 years ago. During a stretch between 1984 to 1985, IBM's year-end value was more than two times that of the next-largest company, which happened to be Exxon at the time.[/quote] Cautionary tale for the future?
"Apple also gives users on other ecosystems a gigabyte of free storage to host their iWork documents in the cloud." What does this mean? Edit- oh miss read... Thought it said terabyte... Didn't have my morning caffeine hit yet. Should have known I was dreaming
I was wondering what those numbers where -Thx. I tend to agree it may be closer than people think; at least a partial implementation. Complete implementation IMO is way off.  IMO- if they could phase this in on major highways - say the stretch of I-5 from Livermore down to Santa Clarita as an example; that would be great to make long trips tolerable. Strawman example - Post a sign- this highway is autonomous vehicle approved (whatever that means?) for the next XXX miles. ...
I do not know the right price... In theory competition should solve that. However, I never understood why I (my cable provider) pay for channels that already has commercials. It used to be all these side networks and premium channels would just replay movies or commercials would pay for the shows. Now I (we) pay, whether we want to or not, and they have enough money to make their own shows. Eg house of cards etc. for me at least I would like a movie channel that is just...
Any mention of a Safari update? My iPad 2 has a constant- A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded'  issue, which I never had before iOS8 (although Safari might crash once in a while). I presume what it really is; its running out of RAM on large websites, even though we all know Apple products have plenty of RAM! /s