or Connect

Posts by Sacto Joe

What everyone conveniently forgets is that Apple isn't the only one doing this. And yet - Apple is supposed to hog-tie itself and give its competitors an advantage because "it's the right thing to do". No, it's not. Not until that playing field is leveled.   The same argument goes for bringing production back to the U.S. Apple is playing by the rules its competitors are playing by. And actually, it's tying its hands somewhat by spending considerably more than its...
   Any amount of that net income going back to the shareholders via dividends is taxed again. So in my case Apple makes, say, $100 in net income in this country, pays $35 in taxes, puts $50 of that over time in my IRA, from which the fed eventually takes another $15, giving the country ~50% of the $100 profit Apple made. AND it wants the same deal on the money Apple makes outside of the country, minus whatever tax the country where the sale was actually made gets. It...
I'm generally pro Union. But there's a fine line here. This smacks of an attempt to ride on Apple's coat tails, much like the attempts to highlight Apple's supplier's failures to maintain basic worker's rights even though they were head and shoulders above their competition in that department. These are deep pocket picketers. Way too polished, way too similar from venue to venue. There's two groups picketing Apple's operations in Elk Grove, a suburb of Sacramento. Exactly...
Yeah. That must be it. I'm here to complain. That's why I offered a solution - sell them as separate links at the Apple store. You probably didn't get that far, though. I did get a little hot in saying they should be free, though. I retract that.
It's a great bracelet. I'm forced to wear it one link smaller than would be comfortable. Fortunately, I'm "beefy", so my flesh tends to squish out enough to barely make a fit. But when I do heavy work, it gets pretty darned tight. Not good. I'm rough on watches, which is why I went the SS route. The buckle is not as hard as the watch, by any measure. It scuffs much more easily than the watch. I don't really care, since I didn't buy it to look pretty. If it gets too scuffed...
Apple has already made plenty off of me, and clearly failed to think about the fact that people like me exist and make allowances beforehand. Then they pull this six link minimum stunt.  I have no problem paying $8-12 for a bonafide Apple extra link. But that's not going to happen. It COULD happen, but Apple would have to pull its head out of its *** to make it happen, like by telling its Apple stores that they can sell extra links for that price. Thanks for trying to find...
Baloney. People with wrists larger than the maximum are not common, probably 1/100th or less of your customer base. It's a tiny price to pay. Keeping your customers happy is the bottom line for a company like Apple. And nothing could be easier than for Apple to ship these kits to Apple stores and let people know that they can come in and get them for free. "What if you can't come into the store where they can verify your wrist size and ownership of the watch with the...
"Meanwhile a Link Bracelet Kit, costing $49, lets owners of the 42-millimeter Link Bracelet stretch the size of the band by up to six more links."   Come ON, Apple! That's just insane. It cost me $500 for my link bracelet, and it's one link short of being perfect. For that, you expect me to shell out $50 MORE???!!!   I've been a supporter of Apple in many different ways since 1984. This is simply unacceptable to me. IF you have a link bracelet, and it's too tight, then...
AAPL is about as undervalued as stock gets. If it had AMZN's valuation or even MSFT's, I might agree with you, although even then I'd be more inclined to say that AAPL would still be more fairly valued than either of those. Yes, even at TWICE the present price, Apple would be more fairly valued than MSFT or AMZN. You heard it here first.
My favorite simile is that of a buffalo herd back in the days when the Indians would drive them towards a cliff, then walk around to the bottom and harvest them. These days, all it takes is a big drop after hours when there are relatively few shares trading hands, which in turn triggers all those "stop losses" in the daytime that are set to automatically fire off, and, Bob's your uncle, it's time to harvest some buffalo hides, aka AAPL stocks. Rinse, repeat.