or Connect

Posts by Sacto Joe

Some people are finally understanding that Apple isn't "too big to grow". But a lot of people aren't ready to forget about the haircut they took when AAPL fell from $700/share to $400. I expect Apple's growth to continue to outpace its valuation, especially with stock buybacks significantly reducing the overall stock pool. Case in point: Apple is currently showing an EPS of 6.19 and a P/EPS of 15.89. But if one calculates the net income over the last 12 months (38.6B) and...
Hmm. Seems to me nearly everyone I know is using Parallels to run PC software, not BootCamp. So it might not be all that big a deal in the last analysis. Also, Macs are now only 15% of Apple's revenue stream.The times, they are achangin'....
Don't tell me you never heard of Bugs Bunny? As for the rest - talk to the hand.
So do those bills include the one that wants to impeach Obama for being President while black?What a maroon....
 I'm a shareholder, and this is extremely positive for me. Apple saw a great way to invest their excess cash. It happened to be their own stock. And that investment is beneficial to all long term holders of AAPL. Our dividends will increase because the dividend pie gets divided into fewer pieces. This is a genius move on Apple's part. 
Pretty obvious it had to be 58.661 million shares....
Why that's a bad idea: You can't time the market. Yes, you might get more "bang per buck", but there's nothing that says the market won't suddenly take a nosedive for any number of reasons. Also, it creates a "hump" in the valuation that's bound to create volatility, from a hysteresis effect if nothing else. Good for options freaks, not good for long term holders like me. It was all right to do that when AAPL was beaten senseless by shorts and down around $400/share. It...
Apple Net Income for the last 4 quarters is $38.555 billion. That gives us a yearly EPS of (38.555/5.989=) $6.44/share. At today's closing price of $97.67, that's equivalent to a P/E of 15.17. Given this very low P/E ratio, and considering that the company intends to buy back another $39 billion dollars of its own stock, that P/E ratio has nowhere to go but down. And that's assuming earnings are flat. Of course, earnings are projected to accelerate as Apple is just about...
We don't know how much Apple will charge. Also, IMHO, it will have various types of bands, as I said to SolipsismX above, from the expensive (silver, gold, platinum) to the inexpensive (colorful plastic).
I think it could be something like a smooth metal band that's sized to your wrist, with a standard attachment for the watch on the top. Available in silver, gold, or possibly enameled colors for the high end, colored plastic a la iPhone 5C for the low end. The "watch" part may be fairly easily removed/exchanged, permitting various watches for various occasions (dress, informal, deep ocean diving, etcetera).As regards charging, I expect that, and all uploading/downloading,...