or Connect

Posts by Sacto Joe

Seems to me that this whole issue of upgrading is irrelevant given that the resale value of the AppleWatch is what matters. I just sold back my iPhone 5 to Apple for $180 over two years after I bought it. Apple will refurbish it and sell it for more, thus making a profit. I'm happy because I got two years of use and still had something worth almost a third of its original cost - a cost which I paid over time. And if I were to buy a gold AppleWatch for, say, $2,000, the...
Or - Apple could earn exactly what it is now earning, maintain its present $601B market cap, and decrease its share count from 5.87B to 4B, or about 32%. Or some combination of the two (increased earnings/decreased share count) - my favorite scenario. Edit: I should caveat that last statement; it's my favorite scenario so long as AAPL continues to be undervalued vis-a-vis its future growth potential. One more edit: FY -14's Net Income ($39.5B) divided by the present share...
See what happens, Samsung, when you bite the hand that feeds you?
16 2/3 hours to go....
I first read of this on BBC News, and they specifically said that it was an iCloud hack. Later, when I went back to show my wife, the phrase had been changed from "iCloud" to "Cloud". That's all it takes for a nasty second-hand rumor to take root and grow into a "fact".
Or - we're not so doomed after all, which is my point.
Interesting POV. We're doomed, so why bother? Or - not. "Education" takes many forms. Most of us come to sites like this to be educated, and post comments to "educate" others. For example:I've read that there was a flaw in iCloud that was revealed at a Russian hacker convention two days ago, and that the hole was plugged by Apple today. Pretty fast work, IMHO, but it's just possible it wasn't - quite - fast enough. So maybe a bunch of hackers get together and "salt" a lot...
       And you, oh supercilious one, may wish to reread the post from daveinpublic to which SpamSandwich was responding a couple of more times to try to understand the complete context. It’s obvious that daveinpublic had the wrong idea. In trying to point out why, SpamSandwich may have over-generalized, but so did you, and he was closer to the mark in the specific instance of Apple than you were. As regards Mr. Icahn, I’d say he runs a distant second to you for...
Thanks, SS. Been posting here since '10, though rarely (500 posts or so total).
Wrong. Apple is in an unusual position. It's stock is extremely undervalued and it has a ton of cash, with more being generated by the minute. Buying back its own stock is tantamount to investing in itself. The result is to decrease the share count, which increases the potential dividend return of the remaining shares.Very, very few companies are ever in a position to pull this off.Edit: There is also the tax issue. When Apple cuts a dividend check, taxes become applicable...