or Connect

Posts by hezetation

You mean Lexmark, Which of course explains a few things.
I typically use Firefox for web based java interfaces & locally run standalone java apps run just fine.  Apple only blocks java in Safari, which is fine by me since half the time it doesn't even work properly with most java based GUIs.  So if you wanna expose yourself to hackers just use a browser other than Safari to browse the web.
I use my iPad now as my laptop basically, I setup my iMac to do my heavy lifting & I RDP into my VM & VNC into OS X. I also have the redpark cable for Cisco consoles and a BT keyboard with backlight. I love my iPad & even though it is the 16GB iPad 2 it has been rock solid & more than up to the task. By the way, it does do multitasking, just a very limited multitasking. I have no issues switching between RDP, iSSH, & VNC, it maintains all 3 network connections just...
  I think you meant omnivorous but some of your point is correct.  The typical American these days eats way too much red meat (red meats used to be very expensive) & way too much sugar/starch.  Also, it isn't good to totally cut fat from your diet, your body actually needs fat (not trans fat).  There are a lot of diets out there & BS ideas about what's healthy but the best weight loss methods are the same old ones that your grandparents used.   1) Take in fewer calories...
I'm waiting for the e-mail integration, then I think I'd use it all the time. I don't use it to look places up very often because the Maps on iOS 6 frankly are horrible. Finding out that it's using a lot of old data from OpenStreetMap makes a lot of sense now that I see the results. I tried using OpenStreet once before & found it to be just like a lot of other open projects, nice idea but very buggy & incomplete. Apple needs to just pony up & pay for map data from...
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple & Google both take interest in this one, Microsoft is probably totally unaware of any such service.  This would make a very nice addition to both iPhone & OS X but it would only be useful to me if it supported my corporate exchange service & was somehow integrated with VIP (also icloud too).  It's a nifty idea but not one I will be waiting in line for, I already have a good enough system for getting through my hundreds of e-mails a day so...
  I have a huge issue with the way Apple does the 17+ rating, it is too blunt of a rating to really be helpful.  It would be really nice if Apple had a separate warning & rating for content that could allow internet access from the 17+ rating so you could better rate these apps to the type of content they might give access too.  I say this because I've run across several apps that have the 17+ rating purely because they can access the internet but there is nothing about...
YAWN. These short term sales figures are absolutely useless, especially in a place like Japan where they pretty much will buy anything new to the market. I have yet to see an Android device break the 40% retention rate while Apple has nearly a 90% retention rate. What this means is these Android users jump from 1 brand to the other desperately in search of an Android that actually works like an iPhone. Eventually they get fed up with Android & break down buying an...
If you really don't know what you are talking about you shouldn't comment, it makes you look foolish. What Apple did with Fusion is significant because it brings enterprise level storage tiering to the desktop. I've used the hybrid drives & they're crap, the onboard SSD is way to small to be of much use at all. Because the SSD in Fusion can be whatever size you want you simply get an SSD that is big enough for your workload. You should only loose a little bit of SSD...
"Great! I am really glad Apple is not blind and still thinking they can't be touched. I just hope that some day soon, the virus protection will be built in to the I/O controller so that all data in and out of the box is checked independently of the OS. This is a nice job for an Ax chip that checks every packet and every byte coming into the memory. This way, you can't hack it as easily as you can when it is dependent on the OS." -Richard Getz The problem is that...