or Connect

Posts by hezetation

Ask Cisco, Dell, just about every tech giant out there who refuses to update their web GUI to modern standards & instead chooses to go with the same old horribly ugly & slow Java interface.     First clue it's time to hire new UI developers, they tell you Java is the way to go.  There is a distinct reason us Network Admins still primarily work in CLI, the GUIs all look like they were created in the early 90s.   With all the recent exploits in Java I'm wondering how it is...
What the heck are you talking about, you apparently haven't used an iPhone since like iOS 3 or 4.Having to support users of just about every device out there I can tell you that Android is the poor cousin compared to iOS. Flaky performance, flaky syncing, poor battery life. Samsung has a 29% retention rate and they are the highest of the Android manufacturers. Sure they could be just switching between other Android brands but if it plays out anything like our...
It's the same issue as the netbook fad & the soon to be phablet fad, they are popular for a while until people begin to realize that their compromises make them not really great for anything.  Problem here is they forgot to learn the lesson from forbarers like the transformer.  The market is shifting toward people having a beefy desktop or laptop & then something ultra portable with great battery life for the majority of their use.     The other issue this has is the same...
You mean Lexmark, Which of course explains a few things.
I typically use Firefox for web based java interfaces & locally run standalone java apps run just fine.  Apple only blocks java in Safari, which is fine by me since half the time it doesn't even work properly with most java based GUIs.  So if you wanna expose yourself to hackers just use a browser other than Safari to browse the web.
I use my iPad now as my laptop basically, I setup my iMac to do my heavy lifting & I RDP into my VM & VNC into OS X. I also have the redpark cable for Cisco consoles and a BT keyboard with backlight. I love my iPad & even though it is the 16GB iPad 2 it has been rock solid & more than up to the task. By the way, it does do multitasking, just a very limited multitasking. I have no issues switching between RDP, iSSH, & VNC, it maintains all 3 network connections just...
  I think you meant omnivorous but some of your point is correct.  The typical American these days eats way too much red meat (red meats used to be very expensive) & way too much sugar/starch.  Also, it isn't good to totally cut fat from your diet, your body actually needs fat (not trans fat).  There are a lot of diets out there & BS ideas about what's healthy but the best weight loss methods are the same old ones that your grandparents used.   1) Take in fewer calories...
I'm waiting for the e-mail integration, then I think I'd use it all the time. I don't use it to look places up very often because the Maps on iOS 6 frankly are horrible. Finding out that it's using a lot of old data from OpenStreetMap makes a lot of sense now that I see the results. I tried using OpenStreet once before & found it to be just like a lot of other open projects, nice idea but very buggy & incomplete. Apple needs to just pony up & pay for map data from...
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple & Google both take interest in this one, Microsoft is probably totally unaware of any such service.  This would make a very nice addition to both iPhone & OS X but it would only be useful to me if it supported my corporate exchange service & was somehow integrated with VIP (also icloud too).  It's a nifty idea but not one I will be waiting in line for, I already have a good enough system for getting through my hundreds of e-mails a day so...
  I have a huge issue with the way Apple does the 17+ rating, it is too blunt of a rating to really be helpful.  It would be really nice if Apple had a separate warning & rating for content that could allow internet access from the 17+ rating so you could better rate these apps to the type of content they might give access too.  I say this because I've run across several apps that have the 17+ rating purely because they can access the internet but there is nothing about...