or Connect

Posts by hezetation

Apple has their own TV concept in the works as well, though how active who knows. The thing I found strange was that he complained about lack of consistency but I thought that was one of the greatest things about iPhone. Seems like you wouldn't be selling a subsidized box but rather partnering with cable companies to offer your box as an upgrade feature. The cable companies could then write their own cable app for the AppleTV that would turn the AppleTV into a standard...
Did I read that right, AIR on the iPhone?! I won't even allow AIR apps on my Mac! I am saddened to see more people starting to take advantage of AIR cause it eats my battery life! Like all these websites that run flash banner ads, you don't need flash to display simple banner animations people! Someone stop this ridiculous Flash train! It's killing me, killing me! K, I'm done ranting.
Uh, making calls? What? That's actually the app I use least on my iPhone, which is what makes it so awesome! It isn't just a phone I can check e-mail on, it is a pocket computer that I use for a massive array of tasks. From GPS directions to RDP connections to our company servers the iPhone has replaced my laptop as the device I have to carry around for support. So much so that now I find myself weighing whether or not I really need tethering since I'd only carry it...
Agreed, if the $20 doesn't give me additional data then what is AT&T providing me? Allowing me to share my phone's data is a hardware solution only if it doesn't come with additional data.
I don't put any credit into this, Apple has been very stubbornly against the 100% cloud approach because the internet just isn't there & won't be fore some time. Many people can't afford the ridiculous prices of cable internet & with wireless broadband capped at 5GB per month the concept of an all cloud based TV would be a flop. It also doesn't fit at all with the current model of iPhone OS and would require a severe re-tooling of it. I think it's far more likely that...
Don't forget too that you can overdo contrast as well. Our eyes aren't the only factor that determines how we see things. If you can display much darker darks & contrast sometimes that takes too much guess work away from the brain, which fills in guess work based on other times we have seen & observed objects and colors. Early plasma used to suffer from a pixelated appearance because the plasma was too good at displaying subtle color differences. It would make plasma...
This is like Plasma vs LCD all over again, and we still haven't totally resolved that one.
In between an iPhone 4G & the iPad, so the screen is still small enough to be annoying in comparison with say a netbook or iPad. - FAIL 16:9 screen vs iPad 4:3. Some will say this can go either way depending on use. If you use it for watching video as the primary use then you'll probably love it. However, since you effectively have a larger screen on the iPad you still loose out and the iPad screen format is better for web pages & iBooks. - FAIL No one is going to hold...
First of all, no service works well inside buildings unless that building has repeaters. That is totally up to the company occupying that space so quit blasting AT&T for a technology you don't understand.Second, in the buildings I've been in that are devoid of repeaters all together My AT&T service has always been stronger than my wife's Verizon. Not saying that is a good test, it may just be her phone is so much crappier than mine. If I turn off 3G then yes it's...
Yeah that's right, forgot Verizon raised it so people wouldn't cancel out of the piece of junk that is DROID to go to iPhone & AT&T.And for those of you set to refute DROID being a piece of junk, it got the worst rating in the robotic touch screen tests done a little while back. I've personally gotten to work with them in our offices for our employees wanting on wifi. THEY ARE JUNK!!