or Connect

Posts by nht

Neither Bootcamp nor Parallels will efficiently run on ARM.  Likewise emulating x86 compatibility with a Rosetta like ability was livable for users because the Core Duo outperformed the G5 by the time the transition happened. In the Ars benchmarks the Core Duo iMac generally outperformed the G5 iMac using universal binaries. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2006/01/imac-coreduo/5/ There was also a very long period where universal binaries did not exist for many apps...
The downside is incompatibility on the software side with the existing software base compiled to x86 and the loss of Windows compatibility via Bootcamp or parallels. Also, while Intel has shown that they can play down in the <5W TDP range with ARM, ARM has not yet shown they can scale up to Core i7 performance levels. That Intel has a 4.5W part that performs almost at Core i5 levels is a significant indicator that the window of opportunity for ARM to displace x86 on the...
 Even people that have $499 to $599 (plus tax) to spend on a phone will NOT buy a phone with a battery that cannot last one day.  Face reality, it is not that hard to figure out.  No one is that stupid. Oh wait. Yes, not everything Apple makes is successful.  Since you feel so strongly that the Apple watch will tank then it should be obvious that shorting the stock will be brilliant since the failure of the Apple watch will crater the stock. What no?  Yeah, I didn't think so.
 Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I like the space black stainless with space black metal band the best. Women who wear watches tend to have a couple.  The Apple watch can just be the sporty rather than dressy watch. While 4x has been a traditional spread it doesn't mean that 22x is somehow against Apple's culture.  As for the mac the desktop line has the biggest delta of $499 for the base Mini vs $9,599 for a fully kitted Mac Pro. 19x difference between the lowest...
 Grabbing one of the many calculators at random a person with a $25,000 USD net income is in the top 2% of wage earners in the world. http://www.globalrichlist.com The average household net-adjusted income per capita is $39,531 a year which is above the OECD average of $23,938 per year. http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/united-states/ Again, almost all Apple customers exist in the top 1-2% global category.  You may not feel rich but you are.  People spend...
 Good lord.  There is no problem.  USB-C supports native Displayport signals.  That means current DP->HDMI/HDCP conversions work in DP alt mode. "Along with utilizing USB lanes for DP lanes, the DP Alt Mode standard also includes provisions for reconfiguring the Type-C secondary bus (SBU) to carry the DisplayPort AUX channel. This half-duplex channel is normally used by DisplayPort devices to carry additional non-video data such as audio, EDID, HDCP, touchscreen data, MST...
 The display can power the computer. That 1 cable provides power from the display to the computer, display data to the display and 5 GB data transfer for the USB ports built into the display for secondary storage devices (flash sticks, etc).
 A) There is no known functional difference in the models.  There is actually no upsell unlike in Apple's computer product lines.B) It is not a goal of Apple to maximize inclusion and diversity or they would make lower tier products like netbooks in addition to $1200 ultrabooks.C) Almost all of Apple product owners are "wealthy" in comparison to the average global income.  The average income of adult Mac owners is $98,560.  33% of iPhone owners in the US make over $100K....
 No, you asked for "proof" and when it was stated by me that no proof was available but the consensus was 4.5W you started asking for some kind of detailed analysis.  If you disagree with the number find another.  More importantly it's a distraction from his primary point which is that they TDPs are very similar.  Not that the A8X is exactly 4.5W TDP.  I made no steadfast claim on the TDP of the A8X.  This is a lie.  There seems to be a trend in the way you "debate".  My...
 There's no need to defend the claim since its in the right ballpark when assessing the relative merits of A8X vs CoreM.  If you want to be a pedantic ass then he should rephrase his statement as "Huh? The Core M scores better and uses about the same power as the A8x all while running a much more powerful and versatile OS". ​Its your responsibility because you always ask for unavailable "proof".  The consensus is around 4.5W.  It is presented as an estimate and not as fast...