or Connect

Posts by nht

I had a pretty nifty defender for a while but eventually stopped playing all MMOs.  You'd have to bootcamp buy you could try Champions Online.
Lol. This would be like my neighbor suing me and then being surprised and hurt I won't lend him my lawnmower anymore.
 Valve obviously disagreed since there's Steam on the mac and there are many recent titles/ports for OSX of top PC games. For that matters Apple disagrees since they still list gaming performance as an important aspect of overall MBP performance. We may not be buying macs to primarily game but many DO game on the Mac and it's a viable platform even without boot camping.  If there was zero interest we'd have zero games on Steam.  Instead the catalog of games continues to...
 This is such BS.  The overwhelming majority of the cases is gaming and the difference is going to be about 15% between native PCIe x16 and over TB. Performance is still FAR better than the performance of even the new Intel IGPs. "Real performance losses only become apparent in x8 1.1 and x4 2.0, where the performance drop becomes noticeable with around 15%....Contrary to intuition, the driving factor for PCI-Express bus width and speed for most games is the framerate, not...
What's dumb is it's not a particularly good logo for the purpose. It looks like a western attempt at stylized Chinese calligraphy in that setting. Which is dumb since anyone Chinese would know it's just weirdly shaped curves with no meaning...it's not like its all that recognizable as a fingerprint. What is it supposed to be anyway? Stylized rice paddies? What does it have to do with the age or history of the institution?
$140 isn't bad for a dock.
 Neither Bootcamp nor Parallels will efficiently run on ARM.  Likewise emulating x86 compatibility with a Rosetta like ability was livable for users because the Core Duo outperformed the G5 by the time the transition happened. In the Ars benchmarks the Core Duo iMac generally outperformed the G5 iMac using universal binaries. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2006/01/imac-coreduo/5/ There was also a very long period where universal binaries did not exist for many apps...
The downside is incompatibility on the software side with the existing software base compiled to x86 and the loss of Windows compatibility via Bootcamp or parallels. Also, while Intel has shown that they can play down in the <5W TDP range with ARM, ARM has not yet shown they can scale up to Core i7 performance levels. That Intel has a 4.5W part that performs almost at Core i5 levels is a significant indicator that the window of opportunity for ARM to displace x86 on the...
 Even people that have $499 to $599 (plus tax) to spend on a phone will NOT buy a phone with a battery that cannot last one day.  Face reality, it is not that hard to figure out.  No one is that stupid. Oh wait. Yes, not everything Apple makes is successful.  Since you feel so strongly that the Apple watch will tank then it should be obvious that shorting the stock will be brilliant since the failure of the Apple watch will crater the stock. What no?  Yeah, I didn't think so.
 Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I like the space black stainless with space black metal band the best. Women who wear watches tend to have a couple.  The Apple watch can just be the sporty rather than dressy watch. While 4x has been a traditional spread it doesn't mean that 22x is somehow against Apple's culture.  As for the mac the desktop line has the biggest delta of $499 for the base Mini vs $9,599 for a fully kitted Mac Pro. 19x difference between the lowest...