or Connect

Posts by nht

No, just annoyed that he makes Apple fans look like the mindless zealots that fandroids accuse us of being.  And it turned what could have been a good in-depth article about Apple's new approach to media relationships into nine short paragraphs of shallow observations and then a gazillion paragraphs of poorly edited filler. That's without even mentioning that Gizmodo got taken off the do-not-invite list.  Another obvious change in Apple's stance.  Lots of interesting...
 I would say that based on this observation that the server model was the best seller for Dataquest...  Interestingly enough the #6 desktop seller in Amazon today is the quad i7 2.3Ghz Mac Mini. I suspect that sales of the 2.3 Ghz quad were very good in comparison to the rest of the mini line up with the server and 2.6 Ghz models following them. 
 So, you are of the opinion that you can better estimate the geekbench performance of the new mini better than the founder of primate labs...the company behind geekbench.  Is this why you are still arguing this point?  Despite the fact that he also wrote about the performance of the 2014 13" MBPr in June? Seriously?    If this was a true statement then there would not likely be $2,199 BTO option.  Because the base iMac (dual i5) can only be plussed up to $1,349.  In fact...
 Where are you getting your geekbench results with the new mini?  Here's the estimates since there aren't any actuals yet:   While Apple doesn't compete on price it has always been competitive (at launch anyway) on value.  It is clear that the old mini with a geekbench score of 11319 was a great value...much better than the new mini.  Which is a remarkably poor value in comparison to other SFF machines at every price point.   Maybe Broadwell will see a return to quad minis...
 Lol...there isn't that much integration with social media and there hasn't been iPhone integration until Yosemite and Continuity.  If you don't need to work with Office users then iWork does work better than Office in my opinion.  Keynote is stellar. Pages okay.  Certainly far better than OpenOffice in terms of ease of use and features.   Apple as a corporation has shown that it's purpose is to build the best computers it can for everyone and make a boatload of money as a...
Leave it to DED to turn what would have been a nice concise article about apples new approach to media and developers into a long diatribe about random stats and digs on android.
Hmmm. Guess I'll buy one as a windows/steam box for the kids and hackintosh it for my own use.Any particular model?
Both BT and wifi? It's not a big deal to replace the card but still an annoyance.Cheaper than a build your own?
 A thousand bucks is noise for most businesses.  Especially given it's an quarterly tool for strategic planning.  $100K is a bit more so it better be a very useful report.
New mini is an expected disappointment.