or Connect

Posts by nht

Bet you that the gold ones will be assembled in the US. Possibly all of them if they can automate it.They assemble the Mac Pro here and the watch will be simpler since the SIP is likely modular in relation the the sensor back and display.And since when has the iPhone and iPad been a "naff" product? Never.
  “Last year, the three weeks ending on Valentine’s Day accounted for a full 12 percent of the year’s online spending in the Flowers & Gifts category -- a seasonal peak that’s expected and pronounced across channels,” said Dan Hess, senior vice president of comScore Networks. As to percentage of gifts above $350 you have to look at demographics.  In this case, high end demographics.  For many in that demographic $350 is chump change.
Needs to be a bigger font.
 You don't think someone highlighting their ignorance in 72 point font is such a bright idea?
 Leeches.  They suck. If you don't like ads you have to pay.  Because servers and bandwidth costs the same whether it's for work or kitten videos. Google may offer a pay YouTube option to skip ads which I would sign up for.  http://www.wired.com/2014/10/keep-stars-happy-youtube-may-let-pay-skip-ads/ Vimeo has Vimeo on Demand for PPV.  That's something of a missed opportunity for Apple to have easily offered for content creators and aTV.
 This is a complete non-issue from someone who either doesn't own an aTV or can't be bothered to RTFM/Google. Auto updates is an option in settings:  http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/tips/comments/enabling-automatic-apple-tv-software-updates And if the update hadn't happened the alternative would likely be you'd get a pop-up telling you that you-tube is unavailable until you update because Google (rightly in this case) needs revenue to support the costs of hosting and...
 Java apps fully utilize the power of 64bit processors because the 64 bit JRE fully utilizes the 64 bit processor.  There is a performance penalty of JIT vs AOT but you gain flexibility and speed of development in exchange.   Java AOT compilers exist (Excelsior Jet) and of course Android is moving toward ART which does AOT compilation at install time which can (in theory) be more deeply optimized for the specific processor in your device than a typical JIT compilation. The...
 I know you have a man crush on me but Relic wrote that and not me. Of course, being a guy, car analogies don't phase me a bit.  Especially with someone that doesn't understand that torque is just as important as horsepower to real world performance and peak HP and torque is deeply interrelated to displacement.  That 3.0L engine that revs very high to get astronomical HP is great for a very light car but not so happy with a heavier car.  Nor is it very pleasant to drive on...
 I say that as someone that has ported Java apps to Android in the past.  The business logic ports pretty easily unless you're dependent on a library that isn't available on Android.  You replace the swing bits with Android UI bits. That Google leveraged Java to capture a large programmer ecosystem is the basis of a rather contentious lawsuit.  It's moderately true.  More true than for iOS.  For iOS it's best to start with an iOS mindset and not a cross platform one.  The...
 Actually he's not.  He's discussing the numbers in question for about a paragraph then wanders around the landscape using other numbers to muddy the issue. The fact that Chromebooks went from not all that interesting (essentially 0%) in 2013 to 27.2% of the education market a year later is highly relevant and not surprisingly totally ignored by DED. Everybody, including Apple, quotes IDC.  So obviously calling IDC out today and not a year ago (when the news was very...