or Connect

Posts by nht

I guess that depends on what you do with your old mini.  If you sell it or donate it then no monitor is required.   If you hand it down to someone then a monitor is required unless they already have one.  My old one is connected to a 19" Ultrasharp that is small by modern standards.  My current Mini has a 23" LG e-IPS which will likely get handed down with it when I get a new mini.  Then I'll buy a cheaper 27" IPS from somewhere to pair up with a new mini.
 It isn't different at all and in fact exactly the same.  You repeatedly belittle people who's opinion differs from you in a childish fashion.  You have an opinion.  Fine.  That doesn't mean everyone else is wrong.  In fact your track record is as abysmal as most analysts.  The iPhone Mini concept is a much smaller phone that retains key features like 4G, camera, simplified apps for the smaller screen.  Something the size of the iPod Nano or iPod shuffle.  Is it imminent?...
 An iMac with a touchscreen trackpad instead of the magic trackpad would provide for a merging of direct and indirect UI manipulation on the desktop. A MBA with a touchscreen keyboard with haptic feedback instead of a physical keyboard would provide for both a horizontal touchscreen surface and a traditional keyboard and touchpad surface on an as needed basis. And, as horrid as it may seem, a stylus provides the hover, pressure sensitivity and precision required for fine...
 You mean like the "it must be named iPhone 6" opinion or the "iPad Mini will never happen and even if it does it will suck" opinion? I think you said everyone else was "plain wrong" those times as well. It's plain wrong until Apple turns around and does it.  What they say here is exactly what they said all those other times:  current designs require too many negative trade offs and we won't make them.  Netbook -> 11" Macbook Air and 7" Tablet -> 8" iPad Mini are the two...
 Yah...that would be nice.  The 16GB RAM is soldered will be pretty much a required upgrade as is the PCIe SSD since some Macs without fusion also lacked the PCIe slot. $1400 for a Core i7 with 256GB SSD and 16GB RAM Mini isn't that bad even when you tack on another $400 for monitor keyboard and mouse.
 Given the 2013 iMac ships stock with spinning drives a 2014 Mini will likely too. Still you never know.  If they decide to shrink again the easiest thing to do is replace the space for two drives with space for one SSD sticks.
 I'd like to believe this but find it hard to believe that a source that would actually know would tell a store...
 LOL.  First you take exception to "reading biased reporting" and now with being "obsessed with benchmarks".  So I guess your opinion is based merely on personal whimsy. I'm no more "obsessed with benchmarks" than anyone else.  They are an objective measure of the performance of a system component that provides insight into what to expect for real world performance increase.  Yes, you can lie with benchmarks but Anand, despite your accusations of anti-AMD bias, is pretty...
No, I look at it based on the benchmarks provided. I would love for AMD to once again challenge Intel. Thus far not so much.I expect a core i5 and core i7 with the HD4600.The current i7 destroys any of the Kaveri options for CPU tasks which is still the majority of the workflow. While the APU will do much better for games than the HD4000 currently used in the mini the mini isn't a gaming rig."Not a Complete Embarrassment" is the same category as the Ivy Bridge GPU.The i5...
 No, crushed is the right adjective when it comes to CPU performance.  When the Core i3 beats your best part on multiple benchmarks it's getting crushed.  Comparable to a Core i3.  A part that Apple declines to use in any of it's computers.  The Core i5 is significantly faster. In a mini, I think I'd very much prefer the Core i5 + Iris Pro in the iMac.  I prefer the Core i5 + HD4600 too.  Given Intel has traditionally been terrible at IGPs the performance gap is...