or Connect

Posts by nht

No, it's a simple keypad lock.  The battery issue is overstated and now I can't accidentally lock myself out of the house.
 You could email Tim and see if you get a response. LOL. I almost just pulled the trigger on a refurb mini.  Then said nah. Iris Pro is highly unlikely.  HD4600 is probably the most we can hope for.
 True.   However, the mildly annoying thing about Apple's current line up is getting a Core i7 with GPU costs no less than $1699 these days.  And that's gimped with a 5400 RPM 1 TB drive.  To pull these up to 256GB SSD and 16GB RAM since you can't upgrade them later pushes the total to $2,099. $2999 for a Mac Pro doesn't look all that bad in comparison which is why I think Mel is completely wrong about the Mac Pro for home use.  It's easily worth $1500 more (including...
 The iMac never bothered me because I prefer dual monitor setups anyway.  That one is glossy is immaterial if all I have on it is email, twitter and palettes.  The 21" is most appealing in this way because that secondary monitor is smaller.   The key limitation for the mini is obviously the lack of a GPU followed by RAM with only two slots available.  Aperture uses OpenCL. Still, if most of what you are doing is converting FLAC to .mp3 then a mini would be fine.  The Mac...
 The cost delta between the iMac and the Mac Pro is actually very small. $3099 for a 3.7 Ghz quad core, 256GB SSD and 16 GB RAM, Dual Firepro D300$2749 for a 3.4 Ghz quad core, 256GB SSD and 16 GB RAM, 780M 4GB DDR5 For $350 you get a much better platform to grow with.  That's not an unreasonable upgrade and buys you a small amount of future proofing (the greater possibility of GPU upgrades and far easier access to the SSD). Yes, you need to add keyboard, mouse and...
 The iPhone is a product family composed of the current products:  5S, 5C, 4S. There is not a lot of US competition for Google but Google has significant regional competition in other countries and virtually no share in China (3%).  Google's share in Korea is around 25%.  Yahoo is amazingly #1 in Japan.
 In what way are these not different devices but different "configurations"?  Different configurations are like the GOOD, BETTER, BEST within a specific model.
 I have electronic locks and they are awesome.  Batter changes about once a year with physical backup (aka key) in case of failure.
 Except that this is false: Mac Mini iMac 21"iMac 27"Mac Pro  iPad Mini iPad Air  MBA 11"MBA 13"  MBP 13" MBPr 13" MBPr 15"  Not even counting the good/better/best within each model the Apple computer lineup has 5 different "series" and 11 discrete models. Folks looking at a 3 series isn't in the same market as those looking at the bigger sedans any more than folks looking at the Mac Mini are really in the same market as the Mac Pro even through they are both desktops....
 You are far better off not using your RAID array for time machine backups and getting a hard drive toaster ($40) and a couple bare drives that you rotate for backups.  Probably your RAID drive would be far below 4TB usage at that point. Or just a couple external 4TB drives for $140 which is cheaper than bare drives but bigger to store.  Just plug one in for a couple weeks of backing up via time capsule or crashplan and then swap it for another.  Take the one you just...