or Connect

Posts by nht

I have a USB with a write lock.  Its a little more expensive but useful for the extra safety.  If you've done the "Rebuild Library" from the library menu and failed you may try to manually delete AlbumData.xml inside the library package and try that way. As with every other recovery process I hope you have a good backup of the corrupted library because any step in the recovery could lead to an unrecoverable state that might otherwise been fixable from the initial...
Yes, I insulted HIM because he's just being silly. I wear slim watches because I have medium build for an asian guy and the slim ones are more comfortable than the larger watches. These are still in the 38-40 mm range and 7-10 mm thickness. Pretending that 5mm is a common thickness for men's watches is silly. Not even in Vietnam (5' 5" average) are the men watches that small and slim.In any case, asian guys are not all small. The average height in Beijing is 5' 9". ...
Just because you have a girly wrist doesn't mean that watch is too big. The tag heuer aquaracer is 41mm and 11mm thick. So the large version is the same size as a comparable diver style luxury watch. A bit bigger too since it's rectagular so wears larger.My cheap but thin $300 skagen is 41mm and 8mm thick. And it's a relatively low profile watch which is my preference. I consider it a disposable watch. Pretty but not classic styling (will look dated in a couple years),...
So buy the 6 and not the 6+. The difference between the 5S and the 6 is a little bit of height. The 6 by itself is probably smaller than the 5S with otter box. It's barely taller than my 5 with a thin case.I used to think the retina 4 was perfect. Now with my vision it's not just the Asians that appreciates a larger screen.
 As you say...the NFC probably won't be so widespread that it's "must have" for a couple, three years.  By then the watch will be much better or maybe you'll have a 3.5" iPhone nano to buy. 
 The alternatives are what?  To have very limited functionality because there's no GPS, no connectivity, limited storage and limited processing power? The iPhone does all the heavy lifting.  Remove it and it's essentially an updated 2010 iPod nano on a watch band. http://gigaom.com/2013/03/16/why-i-stopped-wearing-my-ipod-nano-as-a-watch/ He also spammed this exact whine across 3 articles.
 A lot of the times I use mine as a phone is in the car where I use my hand free setup or risk a ticket or I have my zagg buds on on that has a mic in the controls so i use that. 5.5" against your head can look silly but you get used to anything.  It used to look VERY silly to take pictures with an iPad.  Now it's just a little silly since so many folks do it.
 The 5s is a current product as is the 5c.  Apple isn't forcing you to make any decision in 2014.  Nor in 2015.  Or in 2016.  Or probably in 2017. They just dropped support for the iPhone 4 in iOS 8.  So in order to "continue using the Apple ecosystem or product and services" you have three more years before you need to do anything at all if you own the 5S.  The only thing you lack is NFC as the RAM remains the same.  The A7 also has a Secure Enclave although it's likely...
 Google is your friend: http://www.cultofmac.com/295055/apple-watch-water-resistant-waterproof/
 Of course he's serious.  Because his version of the Watch doesn't require a any phone for GPS, LTE connectivity, CPU power for Apps either. Including a functional but tiny TouchID button that can see sufficient fingerprint area to uniquely identify you is par for the course.