or Connect

Posts by nht

Yes, Apple's share is suffering from catastrophic collapse...unless you look at the fact that Apple continues to gain share in the total mobile market... Where is Android taking share from?  Not iOS but feature phones.  As long as Apple grows sales faster than the total handset market it's doing okay.
 No.  But it means not MS Office or Sharepoint or Azure since these were called out already as MS advantages over Apple. Other Pro apps could be things like MATLAB, Mathematica, InDesign, QuarkExpress, AutoCAD, etc.  That's ignoring that the three apps I listed covers photography, audio and video. You could maybe argue dev tools are pro apps.
 Amazon doesn't sell the EC2 platform so you can build your own private compute cloud.  VPC doesn't really count since I don't believe it will manage your own servers.  HP and perhaps Oracle does.  VMWare sorta does.
 No, you demonstrated that Win/RT has a bunch of features that have been shown to me kind of "Meh" from a tablet OS perspective from both reviews and sales.   Some are just not as relevant for a tablet OS and others are simply implemented so-so. Of that list the multi-user accounts is the only one that strikes me as something that I would really like to have on iOS.  No.  That's not the assertion.  The assertion is that MS has good pro apps just like Apple.  Not the...
 Visual Studio is by far the worst IDE...except for all the others.  It certainly is better than Eclipse and Netbeans.  IntelliJ annoys the crap out of me so I obviously think it's better than that as well. Xcode I think is a taste thing.  It certainly is as limited as VS in terms of platform, languages and framework support.
 What?  No.  Not even close.  Given that Apple has no Azure equivalent it is automatically true that MS has better enterprise service platforms.  I would say that MS has as much presence in pro apps as Apple has in enterprise apps.  Not much to speak of.  Mmmm...this is a more close comparison.  You can probably convincingly argue either way.
 Killer apps, if you are lucky enough to create any, are huge competitive advantages for a platform. Hence Apple's investment in things like iLife and FCPX. I dunno...on the consumer tablet side I'd have hit that Xbox integration and game library a lot lot harder.
 Sometimes that works out. Sometimes you end up with JC Penny. Or Leo Apotheker at HP.
 And yet there were still workstations that shipped with less than 1MB RAM.  Like the mentioned Fortune workstation.  Really?  Which floating point co-processor on the Sun-2?  And in any case even IF that the 68010 Sun-2 shipped with a co-processor it does not prove that EVERY 68K workstations shipped with a co-processor which includes the original 68000 CPU using your rather lame excuse.  Which has nothing to do with proving the assertion that "NOT A SINGLE" workstations...
1982 - Sun-1 shipped with 68K and 256KB stock. Upgradable to 2 MB1983 - Fortune 32:16 - SYS 7 Unix, 68K and 256 KB stock There were more...especially obscure ones like the Fortune.  In 1984-1985 I recall helping with a printer driver that could collate long documents on a weird branded 68K workstation with very wimpy stats.  It was an all-in-one like the Mac running AT&T unix.  If it had 1MB RAM I'd have been surprised.  It looked like an oversized terminal. And personal...