or Connect

Posts by nht

What?  No.  Not even close.  Given that Apple has no Azure equivalent it is automatically true that MS has better enterprise service platforms.  I would say that MS has as much presence in pro apps as Apple has in enterprise apps.  Not much to speak of.  Mmmm...this is a more close comparison.  You can probably convincingly argue either way.
 Killer apps, if you are lucky enough to create any, are huge competitive advantages for a platform. Hence Apple's investment in things like iLife and FCPX. I dunno...on the consumer tablet side I'd have hit that Xbox integration and game library a lot lot harder.
 Sometimes that works out. Sometimes you end up with JC Penny. Or Leo Apotheker at HP.
 And yet there were still workstations that shipped with less than 1MB RAM.  Like the mentioned Fortune workstation.  Really?  Which floating point co-processor on the Sun-2?  And in any case even IF that the 68010 Sun-2 shipped with a co-processor it does not prove that EVERY 68K workstations shipped with a co-processor which includes the original 68000 CPU using your rather lame excuse.  Which has nothing to do with proving the assertion that "NOT A SINGLE" workstations...
1982 - Sun-1 shipped with 68K and 256KB stock. Upgradable to 2 MB1983 - Fortune 32:16 - SYS 7 Unix, 68K and 256 KB stock There were more...especially obscure ones like the Fortune.  In 1984-1985 I recall helping with a printer driver that could collate long documents on a weird branded 68K workstation with very wimpy stats.  It was an all-in-one like the Mac running AT&T unix.  If it had 1MB RAM I'd have been surprised.  It looked like an oversized terminal. And personal...
You are far better off buying the rx100II for $200 more since it also has live view via wifi and no lag when using it as a camera.
 It wont double the battery life but it could enable some kind of persistent activity without killing the battery so long as there was light.  I have a Logitech solar keyboard that replaced my apple keyboard with 2 AAs.  That runs the BT module in the keyboard on nothing more than the ambient light in my room that only gets indirect sunlight in the day and a desk lamp at night. Even 4-5W can do a lot.  Enough to power a smaller rear LCD, touchscreen and some low level of...
 DDR4 will be much faster than DDR3 and you will see an impact on performance.  This would mean that the speed increase is not "truly pointless".  No.  Your statement was: Either way there is a physical fact that you can not significantly speed up RAM subsystems with socketed devices. This is false.  A 5-10% improvement between socketed and non-socketed DDR3 will be eclipsed by the speed improvement by going to DDR4.  No, it doesn't because that tuning doesn't imply that...
 Yeah, they increased sales by 12.9% because the top-end smartphone market is totally saturated.  Mkay.  And using your numbers if samsung sold 100M S3 and Note 2s and then sold 100M S4 and Note 3s then they didn't grow their share of the top-end smartphones at all. Samsung's protestations that the top-end market is saturating and therefore SGS4 sales were lower than expected is belied by the 12.9% increase in iPhone sales. Apple continues to increase their overall mobile...
 Yes they do…I was just pointing out that just having on sensor PDAF doesn't always mean it's faster than a good CDAF implementation.  A good PDAF implementation should/will win over a good CDAF…at least when there is enough light anyway.