or Connect

Posts by nht

So what of anything you've written refutes the statement that PC gaming is not as problem free as console gaming? The fact that you think game X sucks or Country Y outsources PC ports is simply trying to explain WHY PC gaming is not as smooth as console gaming, not that it isn't more annoying than it should be sometimes.Consoles can be annoying too but it's a lot more just turn on and play than PC gaming often is.
 And yet runs on a console with more meager hw resource.  /shrug  Good, bad, whatever is in the eye of the beholder.  If I want to play game X then to me game X is a good game.  If I don't want to play game Y then it's not a good game for me even if it's the uber game of the year. The point is that PCs are often hit or miss with console type titles.  Even ignoring performance issues there are usually UX oddities.  Take Dynasty Warrior 8.  Even when using a gamepad it shows...
 The WiiU sucks in comparison to the PS4 or XBoxOne.  That's the only spec that matters and why sales have been so horrible for it.  When you start at SD and everyone else was at HD then moving to HD just gives you parity.
 Not really.  For example COD Ghosts had issues with wireless gamepads on some PCs.  Also Aim-assist is locked on.  Some older console ports didn't support gamepads out of the box well at all.  It's hit or miss.
 The geForce Titan is more than $500.  Good luck building a $500 PC with a Titan to get the green line.
 Which is why multi-core benchmarks single-core benchmarks are both available.  The numbers posted are all 64 bit multi-core benchmarks. In any case single core performance is still key to how snappy a machine feels since some things cannot be parallelized effectively.  No it wouldn't make for a passible iMac or even passable Mini.  The performance delta between the Core i5 and the A7 is large whether on a processor or core basis.  The Core i3 edu iMac is nothing to write...
 "The single threaded performance of the upgraded 13-inch MacBook Air is almost able to equal that of the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Anyone underwhelmed by Haswell should keep this in mind. What we're seeing here is a combination of IPC improvements and awesomely aggressive turbo, all within a 15W TDP." http://www.anandtech.com/show/7113/2013-macbook-air-core-i5-4250u-vs-core-i7-4650u/2 The 11" and 13" MBA with the 1.7 Ghz i7 are essentially the same.  It is...
 It's a mid-2010 2.53 Ghz Core i5 with the GT330M purchased just before the early 2011's came out.  My refresh was delayed a couple months and my new retina MBP is coming in the next couple days.  Technically my laptop was 3.2 years old went the order for a new one went out.  There was some snafu with Mavericks integration with some enterprise software so all mac refreshes were on hold for a while. In comparison to the 2.0 Ghz Core i7 2011's the HD5000 is faster than...
 The i3 is still faster than ARM and one would hope AMD would be faster.  I think you have that sentence backwards.  The A7 (2564 64 bit multicore) is still slower than the Intel Core i3-3217U (3095 64 bit multicore) and on par with the Pentium (2564) and Celeron 2955 (2387). http://www.computingcompendium.com/p/arm-vs-intel-benchmarks.html Note that the i3-3217U is an under clocked ivy bridge ULV processor from June 2012, not a desktop part.  The Celeron 2955U is a...
 1) bullshit2) the current MBA is faster than many MBP still in service. My MBP for work is about to be replaced but it's 3 years old and the 11" Core i7 2013 MBA is faster than it in terms of both CPU and GPU.