or Connect

Posts by nht

Except that you don't compare the bmpcc against an unannounced products but other CURRENT options like the GH4 and A7s. An A7s has equal DR (in prores) and designed with grading in mind.  The GH4 is sharper.  Both are 4K and yes both are more expensive but the bmpcc isn't that usable out of the box.  For $500 more I'd much rather start with a GH4 body.  Skill trumps gear every time but that doesn't mean you should pick sub-optimal solutions if you can afford to avoid...
I agree with dacloo. The bmpcc is a poor buy today and AI does their readers a disservice by reviewing so late and semi-recommending it. For a consumer or prosumer starting out from zero and had to buy gear today I'd get a GH4. You can get very good video out of the camera at more than 20 minute blocks before changing batteries. If you really need 10 bit 422 getting atmos shogun later is an option. It does look more video but that can be addressed in post. If you run...
 Yah, but what's too western about Taipei and not about Beijing?  The younger generations in both seem pretty materialistic.
 Heh...it's okay, they just charge mandarin speakers a little more. :) As long as the country Chinese immigrants can find work and keep their families fed in the big cities the probability of another revolution is low.  The city folks need to remember that the bulk of the PLA is made up of those same country Chinese immigrant class.  When the local divisions would not run over the Beijing citizens the troops from the countryside ran their tanks over the protestors in...
The cultural revolution and communist party policies destroyed so much of Chinese culture in China that arguably Taiwanese culture is closer to traditional Chinese culture (pre-Mao) than on the mainland.  And the one child policy has skewed the cultural norms that survived.  If you aren't old you really don't have the reference point to tell others what is or isn't China and who is too westernized.  Its not like the CCP wasn't also a Western import from the Soviet...
 They are non-functional and they are often not allowed in middle and elementary schools even though approved at the HS level as too weapon like.
Actually I recall reading somewhere that Canon marketing had stated their L series was designed for modern higher res sensors but my google-fu has failed me...
 Churches really like it when you set up a bunch of strobes and other lighting sources... That said, I use a camera with really limited DR because I wanted 15 fps bursts with C-AF and a deep buffer.  Probably I would be happier with a GH4 and shoot 4K instead but I have nikon glass and am not inclined to start over. Everything is a trade off in photography.  If there was a perfect camera with perfect lenses all the manufactures would go out of business.
Yes, you should take DxO with a LARGE grain of salt.  However, unless you believe they completely screw up their testing methodology (and not just their weighting factors) the MTF charts should be a reasonable representative of system performance. 
Nikon often has better sensors.  Canon often has better glass.  But its not an absolute.